Snowstorm tomorrow night! (Not only mountains)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You forgot to use your "Weather Report" Adjuster. It actually uses very simple algorithms to just tone down weather rhetoric.

Now, where do you guys go for ACTUAL inches-on-the-ground reports? Both VFtT and the two ADK sites I'm familiar with have anecdotes surrounded with banter. Are there specific, accurate sites? Which? In the winter, my use of the Trail Conditions section rises dramatically.

At the risk of prolonging the thread...

Now, where do you guys go for ACTUAL inches-on-the-ground reports? Both VFtT and the two ADK sites I'm familiar with have anecdotes surrounded with banter. Are there specific, accurate sites? Which? In the winter, my use of the Trail Conditions section rises dramatically.

This is a NOAA snow-depth map. Much more reliable than your average VFTT snow-junkie, if somewhat less entertaining:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/nerfc/graphics/snowmaps/html/snow_depth.html

You forgot to use your "Weather Report" Adjuster. It actually uses very simple algorithms to just tone down weather rhetoric.

I like the interactive snow model. Numerous model layers and the ability to zoom.

http://www.nohrsc.nws.gov/interactive/html/map.html

Well post #1 was on Monday so I guess the "Storm" should have taken place on Tuesday. Maybe it's time to close the thread ?!

My point exactly. You come in here, and the first thing you read is "Snowstorm tomorrow night..."

you're lucky ... i went outside wednesday, despite the warnings, and the wind messed up my hair a little ... shoulda known better :D

Ahhhh..........reminds of the time I was on the "Monty Python Everest Expedition":D