South and Middle Moats Mtns., June 1st

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
A cow moose was browsing on the Kancamagus at sunrise. I was hoping for a newborn calf but I don't think she had any.

052aaa.jpg

Swift River and Bear Mtn.

073aaa.jpg

Moat Mtn. Trail has long been dry and clear from Passaconaway Rd. to Middle moat summit. The trail now has lots of Lady's Slipper, Three-toothed cinquefoil(just starting to bloom) and Canada mayflower...

197aaa.jpg

100aaa.jpg

What are these? The only place I've seen these are on South Moat, where I saw one last year.

171aaa.jpg

183aaa.jpg

bees working the rhodora...

126aaa.jpg

rhodora and view west...

139aaa-1.jpg

lots of blueberry in bloom...

163aaa.jpg

I'm loving my new lens (Sigma 17mm-70mm)

alpine bluets...

184aaa.jpg

a yearling bull along the Kancamagus at sunset, recently pushed away by mama...

203aaa-1.jpg

My injured hip/back is now healed completely and ready for the Presidentials
this weekend. Can't wait!

happy trails :)

Last edited:
Nice job - I'm especially amazed at the quality of the bluets photo - tough flowers to get good photos of when you use a junky point and shoot - amazing how much better photos look with a real camera and a real photographer!

Nice job - I'm especially amazed at the quality of the bluets photo - tough flowers to get good photos of when you use a junky point and shoot - amazing how much better photos look with a real camera and a real photographer!
You can say that again . . . Oh! . . . guess I just did!

Patrick, those are some pretty amazing close-up photos by a pretty amazing wildlife photographer!

Your photos were always excellent, so I'm amazed that they're now even better! Thank you so much for sharing them. It is always a pleasure to read your TRs.