Success! - TBTS Ride for Research

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Poobah Emeritus
Reaction score
First off, I want to offer a big thanks to the riders that joined me to make Team Views From The Top a success! I also want to offer my sincere thanks to all of the site readers that contributed in our name to The Brain Tumor Society! The readers on this site and our virtual community continue to amaze me. Your support is humbling.

I had set a team goal of $5,000. As of the start of the ride, we had raised $4,800. I am hoping that a few late donations that are still coming in will push us over our goal! Outstanding effort by everyone involved!

Click here for a recap of the ride with some pictures.

Once again, big time thanks to everyone who contributed and to the team riders! You make me proud to run this site!

- darren

More power to all of you for doing it in the RAIN!

Having sent that weather yonder from our western position, I was wondering about you guys. Speaking for one, too bad I had to work and couldn't drive eight hours to make it there and ride with you in the rain. Ha!:p

Next year???

Challenge to other VFTTr's: Let's get it over the goal... they showed up and rode in crappy weather! Sign in or send in some bucks today so more research can be funded. If you're ever the one diagnosed with a brain tumor, you'll be glad you did!

Last edited:
Congratulations Darren. Riding in the rain isn't too bad, it's the thunderstorms that are scary!

I guess the only way they would make the ride longer for me is for me to ride there. :)

Jay

There wasn't any lightning, but there was a 6 mile stretch with monsoon rain. Just torrential rain with rivers running in the streets. The heaviest rain I've ridden a bike in since I tried to deliver newspapers during Hurricane Gloria :D

110 psi 700x23 slicks were a little sketchy. Should have brought my mtn bike... :p

- darren