Sugarload ME - 8/26 - 9/6 with kayak

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flagstaff Lake, as Stan links to is really close to Sugarloaf and Carabassett Valley... You can also take the trip to Rangeley Lake and that other lake with the big Mooselookmeguntic lake and probably a whole lotta smaller and quieter lakes, although from Avery Peak when I was there, I only could see like 3-4 boats in Flagstaff lake from the summit.

Jay

p.s. Sugarload??? :D

Last edited:
Like drinking some soda

"Hey Man, guess what?"

"What?"

"I think I hit the sugarload!!!!"

"Wicked!"

"yeah"

:D

Sorry Bubba for the thread drift... Flaggstaff lake looks awesome, if you camp at Round Barn, you can paddle the lake and do the Bigelows right from the campground via the Safford brook trail. Even the camping is free.

Jay

Chain of Ponds

Stayed last week at Cathedral Pines Campground in Eustis and went up to the Chain of Ponds. As we are newbie paddlers the fewer folks around the less stressful. The only ones watching our poor paddling techniques were the loons.

Easy access to the middle pond (Bog Pond?) from Route 27, there is also a primitive campsite here.

Hugh.

Oppps, well the D adn F are right next to each other on my keyboard! :p

Thanks for the paddle info. Flagstaff for sure and maybe I can hit some others. I think I recall a great Darren pic of Rangely with a lake in foreground. Good to know about Chain as well. Sounds excellent. We'll see what happens.