Sunday Feb 24 - Liberty & Flume

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobandgeri

Reaction score
Looks like a great day is in store based on the latest weather report. We plan on hiking Liberty and Flume with Darlene - Flume will be her 47th Winter peak!

We expect to be hiking close to book time for this hike. Crampons and snowshoes are required - we have spares if you want to borrow.

Email us for starting location and time.

UNFROZENCAVEMAN said:
I won't be able to make this but you should head up Flume Slide - Youngblood and I broke it out (from the bottom) last Sunday... piece of cake :rolleyes:

Hey - don't go and give away our plan! :D

UNFROZENCAVEMAN said:
I won't be able to make this but you should head up Flume Slide - Youngblood and I broke it out (from the bottom) last Sunday... piece of cake :rolleyes:

Interesting.

The area must have been hit with new snow overnight on Saturday because the Flume Slide Trail saw a large amount of traffic on Saturday. It was very well tracked out by the end of the day.

Bob & Geri & Darlene, enjoy the hike.

Hi there,

After a aborted attempt to Eisenhower today, and too windy for us for a planned Mt. Washington tomorrow, we will gladly be there!

You might not read this tonight, but we should meet tomorrow.

I've pm you also,

Just PM'd you back. Drove by Flume and Liberty on the way up this afternoon - summits were in the sun with blue skies - looked very inviting!