Sunrise on Lafayette...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w7xman

Reaction score
6AM! The sun now rises after 6AM...making sunrise hikes so (ooooo) much more tolerable.

I ran up to Lafayette from Greenleaf yesterday morning. Just a few clouds in the sky, and the alpenglow was intense. Need to go back for some different style shots...but it was a GREAT morning up there...

Notes on the progression to alpine autumn...most of the scrub is still green, though the sedge has noticably browned. A few weeks away from the intense red colors that I love about the 'tundra' in autumn!

A few shots...
Predawn Glow Behind Washington
4916556706_47d75ac9db_z.jpg

Alpenglow on the Ridge...
4915536369_48a9bc7004_z.jpg

and...back down for breakfast...the view IN the hut...
4913836624_0cbd3e03cf_z.jpg

Salge-ian photography is always a delight for the eye.

Thanks for posting these here...

While Nos. 1 and 2 and wonderful for their color, the Greenleaf hut shot I like for the story.

I would know who took that picture of Franconia Ridge without the signature...just stunning work...thanks for sharing!!!

happy trails :)

Jim, I love what I view as 3 completely different photographic styles, i.e., your 1st photo almost resembles the style of a modernistic painting; your 2nd photo is more of a traditional style photo of the mountains (with some wonderful sunrise lighting); your 3rd photo is a complete break from the other two . . . indoors and warm & folksy. At least that's how I see it. Guess it's all in the eye of the beholder! Regardless . . . great job!