Thanksgiving in the Whites

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Audery,

Mind if I join you guys? I think I can make a 9 AM start if I leave Portsmouth by 6 AM!

cb

Mtnpa,
Mrs KD and I have had our T-day weekend suddenly freed up. Are you looking to hike and camp,or just hike?
We will probably do a relatively low key hike in and camp,possibly at a shelter. The pace will be leisurely for sure. Interested?

audrey said:
Chris, we'd be honored! 9 am at the hikers' parking lot off Clinton Road. Unless Bob and Geri prefer to bootleg a spot at the Highland Center?

Let's meet at the Highland Center so anyone who want's to can enjoy breasfast coffee there - and possibly a Turkey dinner after the hike if they have an open slots.

MichaelJ - On Saturday - maybe a trip up Washington from the Cog and meet the crew coming from Pinkham??????

bobandgeri said:
MichaelJ - On Saturday - maybe a trip up Washington from the Cog and meet the crew coming from Pinkham??????

Hmm ... you *are* trying to kill me, aren't you? They'll have summitted and be back down at the car by the time I get up there! :D

But it looks like I'm going to definitely be up there for Friday & Saturday, staying somewhere, and I'll probably be there for Pierce/Eisenhower on Friday.

Anyone wanna carpool from the Boston area?

Last edited:
audrey said:
Chris, we'd be honored! 9 am at the hikers' parking lot off Clinton Road. Unless Bob and Geri prefer to bootleg a spot at the Highland Center?

Audrey,

It's a plan! See you at the Highland Center at or before 9 AM on Friday.

Not sure if I'll stay for Saturday or not, but if I do I'll be camping on Cherry Mountain Rd.

Looks like Mike J will be joining us too. Cool!

cb

MichaelJ said:
Hmm ... you *are* trying to kill me, aren't you? They'll have summitted and be back down at the car by the time I get up there! :D

Tried on Baxter - failed - have to try again :> Come on - we'll all stay together at the pace of the slowest hiker. How do we bribe you? Does Geri need to bake a pie?

KayakDan said:
We will probably do a relatively low key hike in and camp,possibly at a shelter. The pace will be leisurely for sure. Interested?

KD we have a "home away from work" in Bethlehem that serves as a base camp for hiking. We are open to the idea of staying in a shelter for an overnight. What do you have in mind?

bother, bother, bother! :(
weather is starting to look rather cruddy for Thurs/Fri, I'm probably going to bow out as I don't care for winter driving.

if anyone in southern NH is in the same boat (assuming it's above freezing down here) & interested in hiking somewhere, let me know. (maybe I should start a new thread?)

argh.

Slight change of plans. For what it's worth, I'll be staying at the Ethan Pond Shelter Wednesday and Thursday night. Thursday I'm hiking to Carrigain and back. Friday I'm going to make a loop out of Tom, Field, Willey by hitting those peaks, hiking down the A-Z to the Ethan Pond trail back to the shelter. If anyone cares to join me for that, drop me a PM. I won't be heading out until around noon on Wednesday. :D

Artex said:
Thursday I'm hiking to Carrigain and back.

Given the snowfall up there, you'll be breaking unmarked trail. Be careful and keep safe!