The last frontier...for this Winter!!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Hi gang, :)

This morning with the goal to catch the last Winter peak We need for this Winter 2005-06 We started from the Adk parking at 7h 40 m.

Very few snow from the parking to Marcy Dam less of 8" We stay the snowshoes on the packsack!!!

We put on the snowshoes at Avalanche lean-to to have a better grip.

First surprise, the water in Avalanche Lake, over 1" of slush, We need to pass near the West bank. :(

"Do You thing it is a great idea to open a slush bar here"? Junior
"Sure but I think this stuff is much demand in a Summer day!!!" Alain
"Can reserve the spot for next Summer?" Junior
"Probably...but I think You will have some troubles with the raw materials!!! :rolleyes: Alain

Same troubles in Colden Lake with the slush!!!

Old snowshoes tracks (just a grove) probably Reekee group work at the juction trail-path.

Second surprise, a crust over the old snow can not support our weight!!! :mad: only 2 inches near the junction more and more with altitude!!!

The brook was not always covered by the snow, many slaloms to negociate the water place... :eek:

After the small swamp place, under the crust 12" to 18" of snow. :mad: Slow progress but Junior made a remarkable jab. We never losed the path. It was not always easy We was in the cloud with few visibility!!! Good rabbit!!! ;)

10 minutes before 4 hours We can kiss the small plastic disk.

Very happy to know We have a ticket for the next season. Ye!!! :D

A better time to come back by the same way, without trouble, We checked out just before 7 hours.

Today with Marshall, We finished a other consecutive season.

Thank You at all the people helped us this Winter in this goal.

Do not be frightening, We will hike many other days and We will write also our trail reports... ;)

We have other goal, lists to avance.

Have great day.

Pinpin Junior.

P.S. "The life is a game, You will be a player or a spectator...it is your choice" :cool:
Junior.

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
This morning with the goal to catch the last Winter peak We need for this Winter 2005-06 We started from the Adk parking at 7h 40 m.

Wow, an entire winter round in 43 days! Way to go!

Another 46

PINPIN

Congrats on another W46. Also thanks for breaking out Marshall, I'm sure I will follow in your foot steps but just a little slower than you were. OK maybe a lot slower.

Congratulation Alain for your 46w. I am curious too, how many times you have made the 46 already, and how many 46W ?

Hom much?

Hi Yvon, :)

Alain is making a carrots soup for Us....

Just between You and Me! Chut!
I think You will be able to keep a secret. ;)

On Couche Alain was finishing his 15 th Winter rounds.
On Marshall Alain was finishing his 72 th all seasons rounds.

The reality cathched the legend...

But without my father and Me Alain was searching his first round... :D

roinuJ nipniP :cool:

wow...

OK my jaws just hit the floor!
congratulations Pinpin (and Alain), thats very impressive...
Et j'adore tes rapports de randonnées

Not to steal anyone thunder but as of today (Averill-Lyon) I'm 24/100 on my first round of the ADK Winter Hundred Highest. ;)