The Moats?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skiguy

Reaction score
Always a clasiic traverse...North or South!
Looking for A CAR SPOT this weekend Sat. or Sun.

Now come on everybody this really is a good HIKE...

I was hoping to do a shorter hike this weekend, but the moats is always something I've wanted to do. Will Saturday work?

You are a week too late: Dr Wu and Jessbee did it from the north and I did it from the south. See the other Moat thread, this forum.

BTW, it was very nice.

Doug

We did a quasi loop. We went in at Diana's Bath, wet to North Moat and then Middle and South. Then we doubled back over Middle to the junction with Red Ridge Trail. We went down Red Ridge and eventually hooked up with Diana's Bath area again. It's an easy hike!

-Dr. Wu

Just doing the basic Red Ridge/North Moat loop is an excellent hike. It's maybe a mile or so longer than the traverse and doesn't require a carspot. The views from the ledges on Red Ridge are as good those from South and Middle.

DougPaul said:
You are a week too late: Dr Wu and Jessbee did it from the north and I did it from the south. See the other Moat thread, this forum.

BTW, it was very nice.

Doug

It's never too late for the Moats.May it looks like this is going to be a Sunday Hike.

I may have to pass this one up for now skiguy unless my plans change between now and Sunday. Hope some other VFTT members take this up as I have heard so many good things about this hike. If you don't get a car spot, then Bob's suggestion sounds good too.