The New Slides - A Birds Eye View

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!

Those are some pretty amazing changes. The trap dike looks like it's going to be a pretty sketchy place for some time to come.

Dang! Just when I thought I had climbed them all!

That is incredible!!! I just started hiking in the ADK's in June and was looking forward to doing the Trap Dike in September, but no way now! The WJ slide looks out of this world!

Awesome images, thanks for posting the link!

-Chris

That thing on Basin looks pretty amazing, too. Almost as amazing as the fact that a forest was able to grow on top of that slab in the first place.

Nice! With any luck the Trap Dike got upgraded to WI3.. ;)

The dike might actually be "Gravel 3", or maybe even "Rip rap 3." :D But I think it will actually be about the same, once it's frozen.

That new slide looks like it was cut with a razor!

Fascinating and kind of atypical slides as the Adirondacks go. The long, thin slides on the Wolfjaws could easily become common routes to the summits of those peaks. Also hadn't realized how far down the new slide on Wright goes until seeing these photos.

This is about the same angle looking at Basin from Pyramid two weeks ago.

I was supposed to climb trap dike the next day but my daughter didn't feel good. I will have to try the new and approved dike in the future