The Precipice Trail in the Belknaps

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trail Bandit

Reaction score
Has anyone hiked the Precipice trail in the Belknaps recently. I read a post from about a year ago that seemed to suggest that it should be saved for dry weather. I have a copy of Dave Roberts map of the region and have found it to be pretty accurate. He has done us all a great service with his map. Anybody have any hints or suggestions?

Has anyone hiked the Precipice trail in the Belknaps recently. I read a post from about a year ago that seemed to suggest that it should be saved for dry weather. I have a copy of Dave Roberts map of the region and have found it to be pretty accurate. He has done us all a great service with his map. Anybody have any hints or suggestions?
Like many of his trails, it is not designed for heavy use. In wet weather it will be slippery and dangerous and erode fast. The day I hiked it, the guy I was with (who had hiked it previously) chose to take a nap while I made the loop because he didn't think it deserved a second trip.