The Quest Ends - 48 Completed on Carrigain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argh! Really awesome trip report and pictures!! I wish I could've been there instead of trouncing around the touristy-trap boring sections of Boston in hot, humid weather. Wish I could have been on Carrigan in the hot, humid weather instead.

Congrats, really. Hope we get to hike together sometime.

-Dr. Wu

Congrats again Artex on your accomplishment! You are the hikin' fool. :cool:

Great trip and great faces on it. Nice to meet everyone. I have a few pics up, can't believe I didn't take more. And I'm still trying to figure out the peaks that I took pics of (MEB, I need help!!).
June 16 Mt. Carrigan hike

Last edited:
WAY TO GO ARTEX!!!!! Having just done #1 last weekend I can only imagine how exciting it was for you! Good turn out as well, I see. But, of course, I couldnt stop laughing my arse off when I saw the group photo......and there was Sherpa John with his red square :D :D :D :D !!!!!

So whats next my friend? NE 4000 ftrs?

May your trails be dry, your views crisp and clear, and that you always return safe!
Brian

Awesome! I'm proud of you, my friend. Congrats on a super achievement, and congrats to Miss Yam on her 3rd peak and Lumberzac on his very first trip to NH. Also, thanks for cooking the great grub Friday night. That was an awesome meal.

Loved the pics and the trip report, but....... you might want to edit your "trails"
Trails: Wildcat Ridge Trail to Carter-Moriah Trail, out and back

That would be one heck of a scenic route to Carrigan. :eek:

Graet Job!

Sorry I was late. I'll plan on "hiking down" with you for your winter 48. ;)

Nice meeting new faces. Wish it was a bit more muggy yesterday. ;)

Again, congratulations!

Peace.

Congratulations. Great job and a wonderful peak to finish on.

Also, congrats to Kathy for finishing her 48 on Owl's head Saturday
And Mark for finishing his today? on Wildcat.

What a sweet hike that was! Too bad Sarah injured her ankle. She was so sad that she couldn;t be on the top. I was even more sad that I had to administer a piggy back ride the last .5 to the car with her pack on her back and her on my back. She was in good spirits at the campground when we finally got back there!

What an awesome group we had on the summit. I laugh a lot when I hike, but I think it should be illegal to laugh as much as we did. Especially after meeting Ranger Dick.

Happy Trails!

SJ

My Pics

Last edited:
Awesome - congratulations!

I've really enjoyed #'s 49 - 65; you've got some wonderful hiking ahead of you. The whole Rangely-Stratton stretch is beautiful, Baxter is a masterpiece, and the Vermont peaks are downright *fun*.

Enjoy!

Hey Yam - what are you holding up in that picture?

Last edited:
Thanks to the kind person who gave me a couple of tasty cookies. I also enjoyed being a red square holder. Congrats to the finisher, when ya doin Scar Ridge?

yam said:
Oh, it was some bacon. Love that salty flavor! :)

Gak! I love bacon, but I can't eat the pre-cooked stuff cold.

Or did you bring a stove? That would be impressive. :)

Thanks again all. That was seriously THE funnest group hike I've ever done, and it was more because of the people than actually finishing the 48. You guys rock!

Pig Pen, those cookies were courtesy of MEB, baker (and hiker) extraordinaire. :D

Sounds like you folks had a fun hike. Congrats, Artex. I was over on Zeacliff and the Bonds hoping you folks were enjoying yourselves as much as I was.

Here's my view of Carrigain from Zeacliff:

Way To Go Artex!!! Glad to be a part of this event...I had such a great time and yes there were LOTS of laughs!

So...whats next??? Hope to see you out on the trails soon!!

-MEB