Trail work/ Reel Brook Trail Sunday 6/23/2013

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCarter

Reaction score
I recently took Giff up on his offer to adopt a trail, and I'm planning an excursion on the Reel Brook Trail on Sunday. This is primarily to survey conditions, but also to perform any brushing/blowdown/or waterbar maintenance that might be needed. Anyone who would like to tag along is welcome.

Plan is to start at the trailhead at 8:30, hike to the junction with the AT/Kinsman Ridge Trail (about 2 hours), and work on the way back down.

Not planning on heavy tools this time, just pruners/loppers/saw and gloves, and a set of eyes. If there are problem areas, we'll mark them and go back in a couple of weeks.

It sounds like the trail is in pretty good shape, but I haven't been on it since July 2011, so I need to check it out firsthand.

If by some miracle it looks totally clean on the way up, I may just continue on to Mt Wolf.

PM me if interested.

Thanks JCarter the Reel Brook Trail is a very useful trail to get up in that area!! I will be appreciating your effort in the very near future!!