Twin Mountains river crossing ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yvon

Reaction score
I asked the same question by email to friends, and I thank them for the information I received, but I still want to ask that same question here.

With all the rain that we had those days, does anyone have any recent informations on the crossings of the Little River for the path to the Twins Mtns. from Haystack Road? I am aware of the bypass first 2 crossings, but what is the condition of the 3rd crossing?

As you can see from the graphs, in summer conditions (ie, now that the snowpack is gone) the flow drops back to normal within a day or two after a big storm.
(Water levels at the trail crossing will change slightly faster than at the gauge.)
It's close to the seasonal median right now, and below the seasonal mean. I'd watch the weather forecast for the day just before the hike, not the current condition of the river.

I just got back from a trip up the North Twin Trail to the 3rd crossing. At the first crossing, I took my shoes off and waded. Made it across the 2nd crossing with dry feet. Didn't try the 3rd but it looked easy.

Took the bypass on the way out. Compared to the trail, the footbed is a bit rough but passable. Black flies were few in number.

We did it Saturday june 4, and the by-pass path for the first 2 crossings, was very easy to find and easy to follow. The third brook crossing was doable to the left of the regular place on a tree.