Twins to Bonds Oct 16th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
Okay, here is the plan. North Twin Trail to Twinway, with anyone who wants to grab Galehead running over to the hut and up and back. Then Twinway to Bondcliff and up and over to the Wilderness Trail. I figured it out to be just under 18 miles, and just under 13 hours book time. (Not including West Bond) We will have 11 hours of daylight, but the full moon is on the 17th. :) We would need to spot cars at Lincoln Woods.
Anyone interested?

My favorite traverse... Sorry I'm gonna miss out this one! Hope you guys get a day like we did on Franconia. Have fun!

-MEB

I am all over this one :)!!! Glad you are planning it because if someone else didn't I was going to .... and as some of you know, there is almost never certainty whether i can even find the trailhead without getting lost :eek: !!! .... lol :)
I'm so looking forward to this trip. Thanks for organizing.

Hi Christine; Hooee thats a long day. Im all for an early start on that one!
Luckily Ive already offended my flag football team with a few no-shows so they wont be stunned if Im not there. I better build up some evidence of completed tasks around here during the week!(Ive already scheduled Abraham and Ellen over in VT with a coworker monday.Yikes.)
Let me have a talk with myself and I'll be back to you soon.

I'll have to pass on this one. I have a wedding to attend Saturday evening and there's no way on Sunday that I'd be up for such a traverse. And if I can actually get to NH I will be on a friend's 48th.

I hope you have wonderful weather and a great traverse!

bond trv

count me in.what time do we meet at lincoln woods??early would be better.is 6am tooearly???we should try t be hiking by 7..keep me posted..mt.drew

I'd love to do that and meet some of you people finally, however that is the same day as the breast cancer walk in Concord, NH (and many other locations too) and I promised my wife and her sister that I would do that with them.
Have fun!

Not sure yet if I can make it... if I can, I would need a ride from Boston. Anyway, I hope the weather co-operates :)

Hi all,

I'm interested in tagging along . . . I've got 4 - 4000'rs left and the bonds are three of the 4!! I live in Lancaster, NH so I'm pretty handy to trails. Any further info on meeting times/places would be great. My only concern is the weather, lots of water lately! Hope Sunday is a dry one!! :)

Okay, if we meet at Lincoln Woods at 6:15 - 6:30 then we could be on the trail at North Twin by 7. We should be out of the woods by 8ish, if all goes well. Does that sound right to everyone? The book time, without Galehead and West Bond is almost 13 hours. I myself would like to be off the squiggily section (technical hiking term) of Bondcliff Trail before darkness decends. If the weather is really bad, hum, what to do. If I were Saplatt I would just forge on. :rolleyes: (right Mike?) We could do a Bonds and back if the weather were really questionable, then I would be sure to return for the VFTT. :) Aw heck, of course I will return, after seeing everyone elses pictures I think this may become one of my favorites. Wanted to save them for last, but, really, there will be no 'last' until I can no longer get a pack on and go! Let me know if this works for everyone.

Lincoln Woods at 6AM sound perfect. And, yeah, the forecast looks way better finally for Sunday, so let's just cross are fingers and toes! :p

CM: My mom hasn't put the menu out yet. I'm hoping for a waffle this time. Hikersteve said he would bring donuts!!!

LenDawg said:
CM: My mom hasn't put the menu out yet. I'm hoping for a waffle this time. Hikersteve said he would bring donuts!!!

Hey, that's if I show up. And you have to get to Bondcliff to get them!

For anyone else that's interested, I'm going to get a late start (maybe around 11ish) and meet these crazy people on Bondcliff.

Last edited:
Im looking forward to this hike, and these doughnuts only sweeten the deal!! Len; Are you going to be getting any "new" 4ks for yourself on sunday?

This is going to be awesome!!! We have an awesome group together! And another traverse with Little Sister. Where is Artex for this one??? Nice planning Chinooktrail, this looks to be a great hike!

CM: Not sure, my saturday hike may get what I need in the Pemi... but if not, I'll tag a few. I figure after the weekend, I'll add another three and get up to 41.