Two Whiteface Questions

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom Rankin said:
You guys are going to have to hike fast if you plan to get to LPPB on time!
What time there? I have trailwork at Elk Lake, and might be able to make it there after.
AdkWalrus said:
The only concern I had when climbing Esther was navigating all the mud puddles! Waterproof boots and gaiters should be enough to neutralize this annoyance.
You're a day early. By the end of Sunday, there should be some new bog bridges over the worst one.

trail time

What is a good estimate for average hiker to make it to summit of Whiteface with Esther sidetrip on the way up?
I'd like to make my way up there tomorrow and wonder about a good time for departure from the Wilmington water reservoir?
thanks.

I'm planning 6:30

7.6 miles up with the side trip, assuming a mellow pace of 1.5 mph that will get us there by 11:30ish. Hopefully sooner since 1.5 mph is a bit of a lowball.

So be there (wilmington tr) and ready to hike by 6:30 if you want some company on the ascent.

thanks for the info Marc. I'll hopefully see you at the top. I'm the caucasion male with the big arse and the red hat. :cool:

What my DeLorme Gazetteer calls Route 12, the local signage refers to as Route 83. Ah, well, we got there anyway...
:)

hardrain said:
thanks for the info Marc. I'll hopefully see you at the top. I'm the caucasion male with the big arse and the red hat. :cool:
Lol! We met you at the top, and you were as described, at least the hat! :eek: :D