Vermont Brewers Festival in Burlington - 7/18-19/ - Views and Brews anyone?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
We're going to be there this summer. I just got an email from the coordinator, soliciting volunteers. It's a great deal! :D

More information: http://www.vermontbrewers.com

And we definitely want to go hiking while we are up there! So, is anyone interested in some Northern VT (maybe ADK) hikes in July?

thats a bit far in advance for me to plan anything!
usually have some family come into town for the event so dont think i can work it, but will be there to drink beer! :D
cant wait, its a super fun event!

this does sound fun..so by the looks you work one session if Im correct Tom? Got anymore real details? Where does one stay?

Rob
They do not provide lodging, but the accommodations around Burlington range from tenting to super posh hotels.

Yes, you work one session, and then get into another free/cheap.

I've worked there a number of times. PM me if you want more details.

July is pretty far off still, and I can't guarantee availability yet. On the chance, though, would you be interested in doing a Mt. Abraham / Mt. Ellen trip, one way with a car spotted? From Lincoln Gap to App Gap on the LT (or with the Battell and/or Jerusalem trails) is a nice traverse that I haven't done in years, and I've been sort of itching to get back up there.

July is pretty far off still, and I can't guarantee availability yet. On the chance, though, would you be interested in doing a Mt. Abraham / Mt. Ellen trip, one way with a car spotted? From Lincoln Gap to App Gap on the LT (or with the Battell and/or Jerusalem trails) is a nice traverse that I haven't done in years, and I've been sort of itching to get back up there.
How long is the driving and how long is the hike (in miles)? Saturday might work, but we have to be back by 4:00 PM

TH's are a long hour from Burlington, and depending which end points you pick the hike is in the 10-15 mile range I think. Again depending on your starting & ending points, between 3 & 4,000' vertical over the day. Intermittently rough and scrambly, but easy compared to, say, the south ridge of MacNaughton ... LOL

Good half-day hikes are all around, though. Within a short hour from Burlington you can reach trailheads on Mansfield or Camel's Hump, and you can reach either summit as part of a round trip of only five miles or so. The loop on Mansfield going up Laura Cowles and down Sunset Ridge is endlessly beautiful, and totals less than six miles.

And we definitely want to go hiking while we are up there! So, is anyone interested in some Northern VT (maybe ADK) hikes in July?

Unlikely, but is anyone interested in grabbing the Grand Isle CoHP(s)? I haven't been to Grand Isle but it appears to be quite inviting from the mainland...

Tom, I sent a report on v&b today...went to Burlington on 7/4...had a lovely time with my wife.....it's possible I might try to go up there on 7/18...will know later next week...