VFTT Maine Beer night

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gps

Well it's a good thing I just updated my GPS software. Otherwise I would have no idea where Forest Ave. in Portland is. If I can figure out how to get out of these darn mountains I live in I will probably be into finding the "Great Lost Bear".

Too bad Halloween is over...I was working on this great costume!
Hope to make this one.

I didn't want to commit earlier in case I couldn't make it, but I'll see you all at 6PM. I may have to leave if there is an emergency (I'm on-call), but everything should be OK.

I'll be the 5'11" guy with the clueless look on his face...wearing hiking shoes of course!

Shazzbat

I love living up here in the Whites but it seems like you all come here to hike, but stay south to beer bust. Hopefully someone will have one up here someday in the shadow of Mt Moosehillock.

:(

Well, we're about as far north as Ossipee or Meredith, so I'd say we're staying east more than south. :D

Besides, don't we do a modified beer night in NH after almost every hike?

Hey, speaking of beer night, I have to get going--it's almost 6. :eek:

TR: Maine Beer Night, 11/3/05

TR: Maine Beer Night, 11/3/05

I live a few minutes' walk from the Great Lost Bear, so I swung by for a brief visit. Present were:

luv2hike (Rick & Terry)
MEB
yam
Artex
George Fitch
Gator
Lawn Sale
Mad Townie
Spongebob
***** (proxy in case I forgot anyone)

If MEB and George hadn't put pictures of themselves on (MEB as her avatar), I'm not sure I would have recognized anyone... until I heard the debate over whether Fort should be done before or after Coe and the Brothers.

I couldn't stick around long, but I'd come back for more next time.

Last edited:
Spongebob was there too!

Thanks Mad Townie for orgainizing Maine Beer Night!! It was really nice to meet some new VVFT'ers from the area. Thanks everyone for a fun evening. Hope we can do this again soon.

-MEB

i had a great time, it was fun meeting you all.

i believe George gets the award for driving the farthest????

Yeah, I had a great time, too. Thanks to everyone who made it!

Arm, I prefer Fridays, too, but we learned last night that Thursdays feature a dozen beers at $1.99 a pint! Hard to beat that. Still, it might be worth the higher prices just to avoid having to get up for work the next day. Getting up to hike is a totally different thing. :rolleyes:

If George Fitch can make it (even without a leather apron for a prize), then surely many others from NH and MA can handle the trek.

So next time? ;)

Next time, indeed, I'll be there! It's only about 115 miles, though ... George might still win for longest drive. :)

Mad Townie said:
Arm, I prefer Fridays, too, but we learned last night that Thursdays feature a dozen beers at $1.99 a pint! Hard to beat that.

Seeing all of those great local beers for two bucks definitely made me happy!

Very nice to meet all of you/see you guys again! I had fun! :D

We had a great time. Looking forward to doing it again soon. Thanks Mad Townie for organizing the event.

I also had a great time, but nect time we need a bigger table! That was sweet to have the beers $1.99, and a nice selection as well. It was great to finally meet some of you on the board, can't wait to hike with you this winter. See you at the Gathering unless we have another M&G before then.