Wedding Bells FYI

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Those of you who are planning to attend, here are some logistics:

The ceremony starts at 12. Dress casually. Plan to be there by 11:30, so you can park, take the elevator or walk up the stairs, and be assembled by 12. We timed it and it took about an hour to drive from Lake Placid to the summit. The toll road is in VERY BAD shape, with lots of frost heaves, pot holes, twists and turns. I recommend going VERY slowly! (I wonder where our toll money is going to? :twisted: )

If the wedding will not take place at the summit, we will try to leave word at the gate. But we will also post here. Or you can call me at 845 - 926 - 62O9. The alternate location for the wedding is the Cascade Inn, a few miles south of Lake Placid on Rt. 73. (Look for the charred ruins across the street! :eek: :( ). We will probably start a little after noon if we end up here.

We are planning to show up at the LPPB around 4:30 and buy drinks. Unfortunately, they do not take reservations, so we will just have to try to take over the place! :D Do those hiking down think they can get to the village in 4 hours? If not, be fashionably late! :D

So I guess if some of us need Whiteface, we have to get an early start to be on the summit by noon (especially if we are hoping to tag Esther along the way!)

Thanks for the info on the logistics -- looking forward to this event! :)

marchowes said:
Should we put a posse together? thats EXACTLY my plan :)
Yeah guys, don't be late, especially MichealJ! :D That reminds me, MJ, I can arrange to take your photo equipment up in a car.

And oh yeah, do Esther on the way back down! :D

Tom, I'll just carry what I need. I think the logistics of trying to meet up before and after will be too difficult...

My 6 year old and I are off to a rompin' stompin' adventure in the Adirondacks for a week, that will encompass the 24th.
We plan to drive up Whiteface on one afternoonand and the 24th would be ideal - He would get a kick out of seeing a wedding on the summit. If we see you I will give a shout out (not during the ceremony, obviously :) )

Just wondering

where people are staying this weekend. Camping, motelling? I plan to drive up early Saturday morning and will be at the ASRC about 10:30 in case anyone wants to ride along.

Sunday I'll hit Cathedral Rock (FT) near Wanakena on the way home.

teejay

I'm going to stealth camp in my favorite super sneeky spot :) But also I might stay in a lean-to depending on what my Sunday plans are (lean-to is looking pretty likely actually...)

Weather forecast looks fantastic ... we'll see you on the summit!