Weight of your first-aid kit?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winter Kit

I used to carry a lot. Now just some chap stick, moleskin (thick & thin) sheets, a few hand warmers, benadryl, a few band aids and pain control (tylenol and/or ibuprofin).

I'd say about about 1 pound. Enough to fit in a sandwich baggie.

Last edited:
I have a Sea to Summit bag that serves as my FA/Emergency kit. It weighs 2 1/2 pounds, but it includes a bivy bag, candle, hand and foot warmers, flashlights, batteries etc.
I did a lot of lightening last year when I got rid of a lot of items that were never used - back up knife, a headlamp that used 4 AA batteries, way to many doses of way too many meds, etc...
What I like about this bag and the way I have it arranged is that is comes in and out of any of my packs quickly - if I am dayhiking in a local forest, it goes into my small pack...this way I always have it and I know what I have.
One of my biggest weight savers was switching to Petzl Scout headlamps - the lithium coin cells weigh almost nothing, work at winter temps etc.

8 oz.

Have never carried a splint. Figured I'd improvise if I ever needed one. So far, I haven't.

Moleskin, bandaids, ibuprofen are items most consumed/used. Everything else just rots or outdates, and gets replaced every now and then.