What Do You Call Someone Who Hikes Nearly 11 Miles to See a Waterfall? (17-Jul-2010)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would call that person Roadtripper or Sapblatt. ;)

Great TR, John.

Haha. I did an 18 mile day trip to #13 Falls in the Pemi last fall. I'm glad I'm not the only disturbed person on these boards =).

I'm hoping Maine has a hidden waterfall that requires an even longer hike than that. As of right now, it looks like #13 Falls is the furthest from a road in New England though.

Haha. I did an 18 mile day trip to #13 Falls in the Pemi last fall. I'm glad I'm not the only disturbed person on these boards =).

I'm hoping Maine has a hidden waterfall that requires an even longer hike than that. As of right now, it looks like #13 Falls is the furthest from a road in New England though.

Would Grand Falls and/or Norway Falls on Wassataquiok Stream in ME be further than #13 Falls?

Would Grand Falls and/or Norway Falls on Wassataquiok Stream in ME be further than #13 Falls?

I stand corrected! Grand Falls is about 10 miles from Roaring Brook Campground in Baxter. Not sure of the distance from South Branch Campground or from the western trails, though.

Can hikers visit Norway Falls? It's on all the maps, but Baxter prohibits bushwhacking, don't they? I don't think there's any sort of trail or herdpath to Norway. I've never read a description or seen a picture, either. Not sure of the distance, but it could be quite a haul. Would love more info about this waterfall or set of cascades if anybody knows anything about it.

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to check out Dry River Falls for myself two weeks ago! It's such a great off-the-beaten-path waterfall....plus there's great camping in the area too.

Dry-River-Falls.jpg