What is this?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I referred this to some friends who would know and there were a couple votes for this being a depth adjuster for a disk harrow, those things towed to plant fields, but this other guy seemed pretty confident:

"Nope, not a depth adjuster, there are no notches on the half moon thing. I believe it is part of the steering mechinism for a 4 wheeled wagon, the front axle is missing. The tongue fits between the two pieces leaning agaist the tree and rides on the half moon thing. Since it is small, probably a pony or goat wagon."

Chip said:
I referred this to some friends who would know and there were a couple votes for this being a depth adjuster for a disk harrow, those things towed to plant fields, but this other guy seemed pretty confident:

"Nope, not a depth adjuster, there are no notches on the half moon thing. I believe it is part of the steering mechinism for a 4 wheeled wagon, the front axle is missing. The tongue fits between the two pieces leaning agaist the tree and rides on the half moon thing. Since it is small, probably a pony or goat wagon."

So is this the final conclusion?

NH_Mtn_Hiker said:
I agree with Chip....this time :D
holy cr@p, dude. this might signal armageddon or something...

1ADAM12, I'm very confident that this is the final answer. The group I forwarded the picture to is made up, largely, of mid-western land owners/ranchers, $20k shotguns, heated Tack Rooms, that sort of thing.
Not that that's me, but they let me shoot with 'em sometimes. :eek:
A very knowledgable bunch.

Chip said:
holy cr@p, dude. this might signal armageddon or something...

1ADAM12, I'm very confident that this is the final answer. The group I forwarded the picture to is made up, largely, of mid-western land owners/ranchers, $20k shotguns, heated Tack Rooms, that sort of thing.
Not that that's me, but they let me shoot with 'em sometimes. :eek:
A very knowledgable bunch.

Very cool thanks Chip :)

Check out

Barbara McMartin's books on the High Peaks. She has lots of info on junk found in the woods and I especially remember her talking about Street and Nye.