while waiting for my hiking season to start..

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natron

Reaction score
The month of May, usually means snowboarding in the prezzis and closed maine ski resorts for me and a fair amount of single track mt. biking.. This year there was still snow in the prezzis for skiing/riding, however due to our lean snow year our late season snowpack wasn't up to snuff in my book.. soooo, I took full advantage of this and got to do some backcountry brook trout fishing, something I would never do with my days off in late May because I'd be snowboarding, but this is a great alternative for late season sub-par snowpacks.. Interestingly enough, i finished my season may 7th, 1st time in 5 years I didn't go till June, but had one of my best last days ever, 2 untracked gullies and a snowfield all to myself, mmmm yummy spray away corn! The fishing trips were great and bagging out on brookies was easy and the fish were tasty! Tomorrow I go for my 1st "hike-hike" of the season! (not hiking for turns or fish but rather for the simple joy of hiking!)

pix

Last edited:
That's a sweet canvas - long uphill mtb to that TH, too!!!!!

Loved the pic with bugnet on in front of the campfire!!!!

thanx Becca+Stu 4 kind words!

Did my first hike-hike mon./tues, great time, enjoyed not getting caught up/snagged from tree branches from snowboard or fishing pole (the fishing pole is the worst esp. when line comes out and gets tangled and the bugs attack as you try to untangle:() I'll post a quick write up and some pix from the sweet overnighter I just did, soon..