white mountain shuttle

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rik

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but my search yielded nothing so here goes. I'm looking for info on a shuttle besides the AMC one. The AMC site says their shuttle starts running 6/1 and I'm looking for one before then. Any help is appreciated!

Rik -

I think before 6/1 you are pretty much on your own. But many people post trips on this site and are able to hook up with others regarding rides so they can hike one way.
If there is any sort of a shuttle available I am sure someone here will now.
Good luck.

Thanks Mike. I'm pretty sure there is at least one other shuttle ( I think they even shuttle dogs!) but I can't remember the name or if they start before the AMC one does. Someone here will certainly know.

In the northern whites, there are two options, although Ihave no first hand experience with either.

Arthur Jolin 466-2157 runs White Mountain Tour Services out of Gorham, its a one man operation, and he appears to take donations instead of charging for rides (speculated that he avoids commerical insurance that way). Be aware that he has a set donation in mind for a shuttle.

Ez Taxi in Berlin was reported to be doing shuttles. 752-4696

Bethel Express does shuttles on the Maine side of the Whites.

If you check with Hikers Paradise in Gorham they may have the best list.

If you're planning a hike close to the Lincoln area, you can try the Shuttle Connection -- their website is www.theshuttleconnection.com

I've used them and have been very happy with their service. A trip from Franconia Notch to Kinsman Notch was only $7 per person last summer. It gets a lot more pricey the farther north you go. I believe two of us paid around $65 for a shuttle between Crawford Notch & Franconia Notch. They do allow dogs as well.

- Ivy

Rik, I used them from the Flume lot one way to the Hancock trailhead last September. $25 for the two of us. No dogs, just a couple of fleas.

Very nice and entertaining driver, too. The night before, as we left the Station after dinner, a crew of about eight (very happy with the brews served within) were using the shuttle as their designated driver. Many good uses for the SC.

shuttles

I was inquiring with these services this week...Arthur Jolin was real nice on the phone, called me back immediately. He told me that he "asks" for about $34/hour for his services....he is based in Gorham. Some pay less, some pay more - he really wants the business!
shuttle connection quoted me a price of $40 from HC to Gale River Trailhead...not bad considering they are based in Lincoln. They took a few days to respond to my e-mail.
Happily, I think I got a ride for what I need and will be all set.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I wanted to update some of the info given so others searching this topic will have the correct info. I ended up choosing Arthur Jolin. He was the most reasonable for the trip I needed. I haven't taken the trip yet so can't really comment more except to say he was very friendly and knowledgeable. His number as listed by peakbagger is incorrect (thats the number for cumberland farms!) Arthur's number is 466-2127. Thanks to everyone who responded originally to my questions.

Arthur Jolin / Shuttle

Rik-

I meant to drag up this thread myself for those very same reasons. I, too, first called the Cumberland Farms (!?!?!) and then found the correct number through the internet white pages. Last wekeend Arthur Jolin shuttled us from Bangor Road to the Wildcoat Trailhead for a very reasonable donation. He was on time, totally professional, helpful and friendly. Recommend him highly - it was very convenient and affordable.

Margaret