Whiteface & Passaconway Saturday 1/16

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're going up that way; may only do one peak, and not sure yet if it will be Saturday or Sunday.

thanks for the trail breaking that everyone did this past week. the trails around these two peaks are really nice right now. I did this hike in less than summer book time today!

We used the Blueberry Ledge Trail. The whole loop was broken out, but we did an up and back.

whiteface & passa

Thanks a bunch .. have you done it from the Kanc on Olivarian Brook Trail ?

Just curious how the hike is from that side ? ;)

Thanks a bunch .. have you done it from the Kanc on Olivarian Brook Trail ?

Just curious how the hike is from that side ? ;)

I did it from that side last Feb. IIRC the grade is pretty similar to Pine Bend for the Tri's in that you just wish the trail would get to where it's going. Once up on the ridge it climbs pretty steadily to the top of Passaconaway. There are some views through the trees though on Passaconaway Cutoff and the Oliverian Brook Trail is next to water for a ways so it's not completely devoid of views. The only taxing part is the last pitch below the summit.

Hope that helps,
Pat

Oliverian Brook Trail

Thanks for info Pat. We were thinking of camping @ Hancock campground and while I'd like to do the Blueberry Trail on the South side the Brook Trail is much closer from the Hancock campground.

:D