windfarms?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brambor

Reaction score
523624486_9cfbda2ffa_o.jpg

528508193_e7ebe47ac4_o.jpg

DougPaul said:
Looks to me like those funny propeller things cause rain...

Or coloration... kind of like when Dorothy wakes up in Oz.

OK, more seriously, why are there bands around the bases -- must have something to do with height relative to the base, or proximity to the blades (the latter makes more sense)... kind of like the bridge clearance sign?

Tim

Nice compositions. I like that you came on a day with a dramatic sky. You did a good job keeping the perspective under control, keeping the vertical lines vertical rather than converging to the center. Also a good job avoiding overlaps among the windmills. Neither of those happen without effort - and you clearly made the effort. However, I could nit pick both points just a bit in the photos, which you no doubt already saw yourself.

I tend to prefer B&W for a subject like this, but the color photo is very pleasing also. Environmentally oriented subjects are always in demand by publishers. And if you are considering that direction you should always be able to offer both color and B&W as you have done. Generally color is in more demand with all subjects.

one of those moments when you have to yell like a lunatic at your friend to stop the car. We have just crossed the border between Czech Republic and Poland and the storm just passed and the light was unbelievable. One of those moments when the shots out of the camera just come out right and sometimes you even have to scale it down for how unbelievable it looks.

Very cool pictures. I can't decide if I like the b&w or color better. I really like the composition and perspective. Great work!

Nice pix. My only nit-pick would be the intersection between the windmills - the second and third from the right in the B&W and the second and third from the left in the color. I think the composition would have been stronger had they not been touching.

- darren

thanks Darren. I know about the overlap. I have a few other takes with no overlap but the compositional spacing isn't as good as here. Also the light that these were shot at lasted not more than 5 minutes, the rest of the shots are still good...perhaps I will revisit the shots later. Right now I'm just letting it simmer. :)