Yellow-Yellow defeats BearVault 500

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I'd be willing to bet she's the one who got into a friend's brand-spankin-new BV 500 (or 550, not sure) on his recent trip. I think it's the newer style canister with the taller lid that gives her greater purchase and allows her to twist it off. My older style BV 500 with the shallower lid was sitting right next to his, and all my canister came away with was a couple of teeth marks on the lid. He lost much of his food, though.

Wow, I'd be willing to bet she's the one who got into a friend's brand-spankin-new BV 500 (or 550, not sure) on his recent trip. I think it's the newer style canister with the taller lid that gives her greater purchase and allows her to twist it off. My older style BV 500 with the shallower lid was sitting right next to his, and all my canister came away with was a couple of teeth marks on the lid. He lost much of his food, though.

Where were you camping?

My friends were camped at Flowed Lands. One had a new BV 500, the other had borrowed my older model BV 500. I couldn't go on this trip. The toothmarks in the top make sense to me now, there are only a couple of deep gouges where you can see she tried to get the lid going, but realized it wasn't going to budge and moved on to the newer model.

They're kind of a badge of honor for me now, prior to that, all I had was a map that was bitten by a racoon on my first hike in the high peaks.