Your Terminal List

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your Terminal List?

• Total voters
list?

Interesting subject, but my take is different I believe. I do think sites like this can definetly influence people to do the list disscussed here, even if in a subliminal way. But I do not agree with the school of thought thats a bad thing. Two reasons why, first off there are many places that people do not know about that list lead to, To be fair to all, its very important in high use area's like the Whites to encourage people to hike in all areas, not centered on the 4k's, while thats good for the 3k's, it kicks the heck out of the 4k's. List encourage dispersity, so should a hiking bbs, imo. Secondly why be selfish about it, Ive seen some beautifull places, why keep them for myself? I sometimes share my favorites with people simply to enrich their lives as it did for me.
I love list. It has been many years since Ive had one because, after the 4k's, I simply hiked where I chose and wanted to be the most, that could have been any size peak during that time.Having done the only 2 list I wanted to do in the Whites I just hiked and climbed. Now I have a new list, although none of the peaks on my list are in NH or any east coast state. My new list is the 14ers ( peaks over 14,000ft) in the continental U.S. solo.