"Grizzly Man" DVD

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dvbl

For anyone into grizzlies, rent this DVD, or better still... borrow it from your library. Do NOT buy it. I bought it and I can't wait to re-sell it. About 10 percent of the movie is about the bears, the other half :) is about Timothy Treadwell. Kind of sad to see how messed up he was, like watching a slow-motion train wreck. Overall, the documentary was too much man, not enough bear.

dvbl said:
For anyone into grizzlies, rent this DVD, or better still... borrow it from your library. Do NOT buy it. I bought it and I can't wait to re-sell it. About 10 percent of the movie is about the bears, the other half :) is about Timothy Treadwell. Kind of sad to see how messed up he was, like watching a slow-motion train wreck. Overall, the documentary was too much man, not enough bear.

It is called "Grizzly Man" and not "Grizzly Bear" after all.

Thanks, Rik. I just won $10. I bet my friend that someone would reply exactly as you did.
Anyway, the review of the documentary says it's based on over 90 hours of video shot over the span of 13 summers in Alaska with the grizzlies. I was just hoping for more grizzly action. Thanks again for your reply, though.

dvbl said:
Thanks, Rik. I just won $10. I bet my friend that someone would reply exactly as you did.
Anyway, the review of the documentary says it's based on over 90 hours of video shot over the span of 13 summers in Alaska with the grizzlies. I was just hoping for more grizzly action. Thanks again for your reply, though.

I didn't mean to be a smarta$$ it's just that I've seen several folks with the same critique. I haven't seen the film yet. Maybe they try to sell the bear angle too much which is leaving some disappointed?

It did have some pretty awesome footage of bears, though, especially the fight between the 2 adult male grizzlies. There are very few camera people crazy enough to get that close, so the film has its merits IMHO. If you're looking for Hollywood production values, however, you're better off sticking with Disney, National Geographic, or the Discovery channel. I believe their budgets are considerably larger than Timothy Treadwell's or Werner Herzog's.:D

As far as the train wreck goes, I found that pretty interesting, too. Almost like a Joseph Conrad story or the man from Jon Krakauer's book "Into The Wild". I've already commented on TT's character in another Grizzly Man thread so won't bother rehashing my opinions here.

Ebert (or, whichever one's still alive :p ) said that it deserves a nomination as a documentary. I say- Treadwell looked like a "sad sack". However, there's some nice footage...(not alot).

dvbl said:

I agree 100%. I was very dissapointed with the film. If you're looking for a great documentary about bears, however, I can wholeheartedly recommend this DVD, which you can usually get on the cheap at Amazon.

http://shopngvideos.com/products/LastStandoftheGreatBear

thanks,
denton fabrics

'birdman Spoof'

CLICK on Head's BIRDMAN link to see the video and let us know who had the EMMY award winning performance.. (or go to our site on video of the month for JUNE)
:)
ME OR HEAD?

I was Tim
Head played the helicopter pilot and the plane pilot.

I disagree with Head about the 'tasteless' part.. Its a spoof nothing more, nothing less..
and as far as putting him up to it, he did 1/2 the video without my knowledge! :D

I enjoyed the movie. I think we can all find a part of ourselves in Treadwell. My favorite character was Willy Fulton, the bush pilot. The music was really great, I actually purchased the soundtrack which I would recommend to anyone.