Adirondack Peeks?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Mark. That newsletter you mention is a few sheets of paper, including the invitation to the Spring Meeting? I did get that. The delivery of the magazine is so irregular it's hard to know when to expect it or worry over its non-appearance. Sounds like I haven't missed anything yet.

I did post a message on the Forty-Sixers' Web site, but I don't know if anyone in authority there will answer a question from the guest book.

Mark Schaefer said:
The schedule on the magazine is fairly irregular.

Not really that much. Twice a year, it may always seem like a long time between issues. The Fall-Winter issue has to have the minutes of the Fall meeting (Columbus day-ish), and the Spring-Summer has to have the minutes of the Spring meeting (Memorial Day-ish)

This gives a bit of an idea of when it comes.

Well, I do have the Fall 2003 issue, it has a photograph of an unnamed mountain on the front, but it only announces that the fall meeting will be October 4, and that the deadline for the Spring issue is November 1.

I guess I haven't missed anything, but nearly six months past the deadline seems like more than enough time to have gotten the thing out.

The proofs are at the printer. If nothing else goes wrong, they should be mailing the Spring 2004 issue out by the end of this week.

Our goal is for everyone to get the spring issue before the spring meeting, and the fall before the fall.

There were some delays this time that weren't my fault, but generally Peeks is late because I'm too slow.

Daniel Eagan

As long as we are on the subject, I recall the newsletter used to show when your membership dues were due - This time I didn't receive any notification.

I normally pay a few years ahead, but I seem to remember there was a membership expiration date on the mailing label under your name....
Or am I confusing this with one of the myriad of other trail clubs I belong to.
Thanks
Rick