Recommendation for breakfast

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Munroe's on Rt. 3 in Twin Mountain has the best breakfast in the area.

There are very few options. Monroe's Family Restaurant on Rte 3 is the ultimate "local sit-down breakfast" place, for eggs, coffee, pancakes, etc. They're yummy but not quick.

There's also a bagel and coffee place at the plaza on Rte 3 at the end of Little River Road, they're okay.

Rumor has it that you can also get breakfast sandwiches at the Quiznos Sub shop on 302 just east of 3.

Finally, you can get the buffet breakfast at the Highland Center (AMC) whether you're staying there or not. It's pretty good and all-you-can-eat for not a lot of money.

It depends somewhat on how early you want breakfast.

There's a good coffee/muffin shop in the "new" little plaza near the 7 Dwarfs sign in Twin Mtn. It's open at least by 6.

Munroe's and the VC at the AMC's VC in Crawford Notch are good, but last time I was near either of them, they opened a bit late for a "hiker breakfast".

You might also check the Irving Station at Fabyan (near the iron bridge) - they have good coffee/snack food, but never tried them for food around 6AM so don't know how early they open.

MichaelJ said:
Rumor has it that you can also get breakfast sandwiches at the Quiznos Sub shop on 302 just east of 3.
There weren't open when I tried to get a sandwich at 10:30, and they didn't have breakfast hours posted (back in May). So I wouldn't count on it.

I realize you asked about the Twin Mtn - Crawford Notch area, but if you're willing to travel a half hour further west, Polly's Pancakes in Sugar Hill on Rt 117 opens at 7 am and is well worth the extra drive. According to their website www.pollyscancakeparlor.com, they will close Oct 26th for the "winter" which seriously begins up here at the end of Oct. - beginning of Nov.

Munroe's is great but opens at 7 I believe. Highland Center has a great buffet offering just about anything you want - great deal for the $$$ - think they start serving at 6. Peg's Diner in Woodstock if you are driving up is great and opens early (maybe 5:30 ?), and there is also another diner a couple of miles up the street from Pegs that also has good food.

You aren't going to believe this, but the public cafeteria at Littleton Regional Hospital (I93-Exit 43) has the best breakfast anywhere around at prices you would not believe. Peet's coffee (or Seattle's Best, I forget), you can eat healthy (eggbeaters, etc) or not, individually cooked orders, not stuff congealing under lights, and I would expect the hours are expansive. Quite surprising. (Just don't check in there for a room.)

Adding another vote for the AMC Highland Center's breakfasts!!! Lots of options for a reasonable price. Plus, if you've forgotten anything (maps, socks, waterbottle) you can find it there, too.
:)
Sounds like "someone" is planning a trip to the Whites!! :p

Kevin Rooney said:
There's a good coffee/muffin shop in the "new" little plaza near the 7 Dwarfs sign in Twin Mtn. It's open at least by 6. .

That's the Mountain Bean. Good baked goods and egg sandwiches. A good place for a quick turnaround type meal. If they're not sold out of whoopie pies, pick one up for an after hike treat. Excellent.

VT

When are you coming down, Yvon? I think we might have shared a table with you at Carter Notch Hut exactly a year ago this week. FWIW, we'll be at Greenleaf tonight. Sounds like you'll be miles north if you're down this week.

bobandgeri said:
Highland Center has a great buffet offering just about anything you want - great deal for the $$$ - think they start serving at 6.
They list 6:30, but plan on more like 6:45.

DrewKnight said:
When are you coming down, Yvon? I think we might have shared a table with you at Carter Notch Hut exactly a year ago this week. FWIW, we'll be at Greenleaf tonight. Sounds like you'll be miles north if you're down this week.

I never been at Carter Notch Hut. :)

hey

there is also a new little bagel, egg and pastry type coffee shop in Bethlehem. can't recall the name of it, but it was really good...