New Place in Town (Franconia) for Breakfast

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waumbek

Reaction score
Avatar: "World's Windiest Place" Stamp (5/27/06)
The old Franconia Dairy Bar (Exit 38, 209 Main Street) has a new owner now and is open for breakfast. Roasted tomatoes, hash, and the usual kind of breakfast fare, but the food is good. I'm not sure how early it opens and it's still limited to weekend and shoulder days but may expand if successful. There really haven't been any decent breakfast places in Franconia for a long time.

There's also the renowned Polly's Pancake Parlor just up the road a few miles in neighboring Sugar Hill.

Hmmm, interesting! I usually like to eat a decent sized breakfast about 1/2 hour to 1 hour before hiking (this usually allows me to go all day just snacking and/or just on a real light lunch), so Franconia puts it in a pretty decent place to stop before hitting the trails.

Brian

I've always loved the Notch View Country Kitchen. But I'll give this place a try, thanks for posting.

Excellent, world class, but crowded, no reservation until an hour before, and $$$. I plan to wait when I go, then I'm fine.

Make that "$$$$". $32 for 2, including tip when we stopped in last fall. That's a lot of dough for breakfast. Good food though. Probably an annual visit.

Make that "$$$$". $32 for 2, including tip when we stopped in last fall. That's a lot of dough for breakfast. Good food though. Probably an annual visit.

I've only been there once, but the buckwheat blueberry pancakes were the best pancakes I've ever had. I agree....once a year is good. I'll make sure to check out the new place. Thanks

Breakfast Hours?

Are there any breakfast establishments open in Lincoln before 7AM. I have an Owls Head hike coming up and at my hiking pace I need an early start!