Jennifer Pharr Davis - Article in NYT

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice article. I enjoy following the daily updates of her progress on her blog, and am about 1/2 way thru her book Becoming Odyssa. It's a great read!. In fact I think it's about one of the best, if not the best AT books I have read, and I have read a good number of them. :)

found this on whiteblaze:
Latest Warren update: "Odyssa update: 39 days done 1,794.4 miles completed 46 mpd
8.5 days left 386.6 miles to do 45.5 mpd
+77.8 physical miles(+54.8 time/clock miles)Odyssa's apogee over Trail Dog
85% chance of setting new AT endurance record"

Day 37 put her in Damascus, Day 39 put her 95 miles south.... wow, right on track!

impressive to say the least!

Nice article. I enjoy following the daily updates of her progress on her blog, and am about 1/2 way thru her book Becoming Odyssa. It's a great read!. In fact I think it's about one of the best, if not the best AT books I have read, and I have read a good number of them. :)

I agree! I just finished it last week and it's my favorite by far. I found Leslie Mass' too personal and AWOL's too day-to-day, but Jennifer does a great job of balancing both. Even in her first thru-hike she was fast, pulling 30 mile days pretty consistently. She was very modest about it, but it was fun reading about her out-hiking a lot of the guys and pulling through some tough stuff. :D Anyway, enjoy the rest of the book!

Traildog, the current record holder, is a friend but... hafta say I'm pulling for my sistah here. Go Odyssa!!!

:)

Finished!!!

This from a post on White Blaze...

"Jen finished this afternoon at 3:25.

Amazing athlete, very emotional finish.

Between 30 and 40 people were on Springer to watch and cheer."

Incredible accomplishment!!! Congrat's Jen :p

This is so freaking cool !!

A new overall Appalachian Trail record by over a day, yes?! :eek:
Hearty congratulations to Jen!!
Always knew women were built for this stuff...!! :)

She is our very own Tarahumara person! :cool::D:)

McDonald's food sustained her throughout, along with pizza and Subway. Her husband did comment that they don't normally eat very healthy.

She is truly amazing!