new Grid finisher above 60 - Bob "Wolfgang" Martin

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B the Hiker

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
From Hiker Ed,

# # #

Hi to All,

Yesterday, Saturday, Nov 10, 2012, Bob "Wolfgang" Martin and a contingent of friends made a visit to Mt Garfield.

On this day, on the summit of Mt Garfield, at 11:40am, Bob completed his "GRID" "AFTER AGE 60".

Starting from Bob's 60th birthday ( Bob is now age 65 ), Bob has visited all "48" New Hampshire 4000 footers in every calendar month. 12 x 48 = 576.

Bob who completed his original grid ( GRID FINISHER #24 ) on Mt Jefferson, on Dec 3, 2011, is now the 2nd ( #2 ) known person to have started and completed a round of the "GRID" after age 60.

I know you will all join me in a well deserved congratulations to Bob.

Take Care

Congratulations! I was lucky enough to hike with Wolfgang last December to the Kinsmans the day after his first grid finish. I had no idea he was working furiously through a second grid.
Hats off to you, Wolfgang!

Congratulations, Bob!

Bob also informed me that I'm not allowed to work on this list anytime soon. Sheesh.

Congratulations Bob !
I'm allowed to work on this list. But I will have to move from Montreal to NH if I want to do it. :)

Congrats Wolfgang. I remember meeting you on Wildcat D 3 years ago. We hiked together to the summit where you continued on over to Wildcat A.

Congrats Wolfgang. I remember meeting you on Wildcat D 3 years ago. We hiked together to the summit where you continued on over to Wildcat A.

Hi Chris,

I remember the day quite well. I enjoyed your company. Glad to see that your back out on the trails again.

Bob, congrats. Great to see there is another person out there who know that "life begins at 60".

Wolfgang, You are one amazing hiker. I had the pleasure to hike with you on the Twins in November of 2009. I really enjoyed your company, the conversation and the hike. Thanks too for the sponsorship to this wonderful forum. You are an inspiration to us all. There is life after 60!!! Hope to see you on the trail again.

Merry Christmas :)