Moosilauke Summit Sign Gone

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. I have the sign, ok? It is in a location that I AM NOT going to obviously tell you, but the sign is uncomfortable and it is in a city environment. I CAN say, the elevation is taking a toll. We (my team), occasionally throw ice and spray it with cold water. We take it outside for sun and extreme solar exposure. If it's lucky, we bury it under snow and ice for prolonged periods.

THIS WILL NOT CONTINUE!

We will return the sign after receiving all of the "I climbed this-and-that" patches, a full and instant senior member status on VFTT, and a $200,000.00 gift card to any Common Man restaurant or Spa and premier parking at every trailhead.

WE ARE SERIOUS! DON'T PLAY GAMES! IF WE DON'T RECEIVE A REPLY IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS, WE WILL ADMINISTER A 40 GRIT PAD VIA ORBITAL SANDER AND SLOWLY TURN YOUR "SIGN" INTO AN ORGANIC MEMORY!

LET'S PLAY BALL!
Without seeing " Proof of Life" you aint getting squat.

Unfortunate Update from my friend at the DOC.

The sign just across the bridge at the base of the mountain at the Ravine Lodge has been taken, post and all. This is private land, not part of the National Forest, so the USFS won't be involved. It's beginning to move past the annoying stage. The DOC will be checking eBay and other places online to see if they show up for sale and would appreciate any help.

I cannot comprehend the stealing of trail signs. How can anyone enjoy a stolen sign? or have the heart to sell one for that matter. Talk about bad karma. I sincerely hope they get caught, if in fact that turns out to be the case.

Unfortunate Update from my friend at the DOC.

The sign just across the bridge at the base of the mountain at the Ravine Lodge has been taken, post and all. This is private land, not part of the National Forest, so the USFS won't be involved. It's beginning to move past the annoying stage. The DOC will be checking eBay and other places online to see if they show up for sale and would appreciate any help.

I've checked ebay a few times to see if any Moosilauke signs have shown up. Nothing over the past two weeks. I figured I'd buy it and ferret out the thief.....and then deal out a bit of old fashioned vigilante justice. ;)

Took me a while to find this in my collection but vandalism goes back a long way on the Moose. Some things will never change.

A reward poster printed on some sort of cloth (linen?) dating back to the time of the old Tip Top House.
P1370481.JPG

An old postcard of the old Tip Top House (with a few changes) and owned/operated by the DOC.
P1370482.JPG