Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Paris Expedition Sled?? - moved from Q&A

Notice the pricing, the price is for a six pack of sleds.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Dub View Post
    Good thing we're here on the Right Coast and not in the PNW, else we'd be spending two bills on a Paris Expedition sled here.

The ad indicates that it's a "six-pack" -- it looks like you're buying six sleds for the $193.37 price, or a bit over $32 per sled.

(Apologies to Peakbagger -- I posted my message right before yours showed up, noting the six-pack.)

Quote Originally Posted by Barkingcat View Post
    The ad indicates that it's a "six-pack" -- it looks like you're buying six sleds for the $193.37 price, or a bit over $32 per sled.

(Apologies to Peakbagger -- I posted my message right before yours showed up, noting the six-pack.)
    Whew. That makes more sense!

I was looking at the Paris catalog link that Ed B. provided in his post and was wondering if there are substantive differences -- other than the lack of grommeted holes in the front deck and the color -- between the Expedition and the Big Boggan on the next page. The tooling looks the same...
    "Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball."

ADK46: 25/46 W5
    NH48: 26/48 W8

JDub-

The Big Boggan is the same tooling and shape but made with a thinner sheet of poly- It will not last as long as the Expedition.
    You used to be able to buy 6 packs of the Expedition sled directly from EPA/Paris but recently they have been telling people the minimum order is $550 - about 24 sleds.

Good luck on your project- Ed B

Smile

Hey all,
    I'm resurrecting this thread because, I have a paris expedition sled and don't know what to do with it.
    I have done extensive research on this but, thought I would ask those who have, just built a sled,or those who have modified their sleds over the years and ask their opinion.
    There are so many designs out there and I'm just baffled on what to do.

I'm thinking, for now, my sled will just be used just on roads. there will be hills but no tight corners.

What's the best, most inexpensive way to go ?

Thanks, Steve-o

Steve, there are a couple of cheap ways to set up your sled. I used hardware from Home Depot, schedule 40 PVC poles and a couple of biners. Here are couple of pics of how I did it.
    Another way is to not put the end caps on and instead, run line, like small diameter climbing rope, through the poles with loops on either end, then use the links and biners. Less hardware that way and not much to go wrong, like an eyebolt coming loose. My waistbelt on my pack has removeable gear loops which I used with the biners to clip the sled to me.

Last edited by TomD; 02-24-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Thanks for the input Tom !
    Still trying to figure out what's best for me.
    So many options...