New snow!!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
The southeastern White Mtns. just got about 4" or 5" overnight. It's not the lightest powder, but not really heavy, either. Yeehaw :D

Edit: Just changed my plans for Crawford Path after checking the latest MWO forcast for the higher peaks :eek:

Great day for tracking critters and taking pictures ;)

Happy Trails :)

Last edited:
3-4 inches in Thornton (just north of Campton), at elevation 600 feet, so I would expect a bit more higher up in Waterville Valley. Plan to go snowshoeing along Smarts Brook, first time I will put my shoes on this winter!!!! :D :D

Planing on doing Smarts Brook as well with my wife and sister. I have to dig out first.

On Tecumseh, there was 6-8 inches at the bottom, increasing to over one foot over 3000 feet. Around the viewpoints near the summit, snow was up to my knees (prob 20-24 inches). And its all new powder!!!! I was very tired during this hike, but it was defnitely the most beautiful winter trip I have experienced, thanks to all the snow.

grouseking

4-8 inches in the Wonalancet area up to about 2500 feet - nice snowshowing on the Kelley, Lawrence and Old Mast Trails....
Earlier in the day I say about a foot in the parking lot for the Rocky Branch Trail on route 16 - certainly a lot more snow going towards Pinkham.

Adirondacks got about 3" down low and close to 6" up high. With snow predicted off and on all week. Very light powder, conditions are sweeeeet!

The northern Presies got 4-6" of champagne powder. Tracking out the Air Line (to just short of the Scar Trail) yesterday was sweet!

There was about 24" on top of Tom and Field yesterday, easy going in the snowshoes, but the crampons would punch through the lower crust layer occasionally. Avalon was fun skiing down on the snowshoes. Lesser amounts lower (12" or so), but easier walking with the snowshoes as there was less slipping.

Great skiing on Cardigan this weekend, probably 6" or so. Made an otherwise unskiable backcountry into great terrain.

-dave-