2011 Adirondack BBQ and Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are you thoughts?

• Yes, I plan on attending

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • No, I am not attending

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Maybe, leaning toward a no

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Maybe, leaning toward a yes

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
Nice to see a bunch of you ! Saturday we ended up doing Whiteface and summited at 6PM. It took a little coaxing and when we decided to set Whiteface as "the goal", I promised the boys I'd take them home early if we made the summit. Therefore, we broke camp at 11PM and drove home through the night. A promise is a promise. Garret and Mitchell added 3 peaks to their count and might be getting hooked.

They slept, you drove. I'd of bribed them with ice cream 1st.

Another successsful BBQ. The weather was fantastic for Thursday - Sunday. I enjoyed meeting some old friends and new ones. Bagged 5 peaks. The pot luck was excellent. Bubba and I are going to bring some Sahlen's hot dogs next year.

How many people showed up?

Sorry I missed it. :(

In my case, there's a very high probability of whacking a high peak and partying hard (hike hard, party hard) that same evening at the gathering. Limping home the next day after NOT eating breakfast at the Lewis truck stop. :D
We had breakfast at Betty Beavers! :D The woman said she'd be rich if she had a dime for every picture people have taken of the sign! :p ;)

Yep! Pool of beer, that's how you know you're at the ADK BBQ!!

35 + and about that many equal in number again when you counted Maddie's family and friends! :eek:

Nice mix of hikers & family. Evidently hanging around such wonderful role models like us all is good for them - they are all good kids :)

We had breakfast at Betty Beavers! :D The woman said she'd be rich if she had a dime for every picture people have taken of the sign! :p ;)

That is a very well-endowed sign isn't it?

I wasn't able to make it up for the whole weekend, but had a blast on Sat night hanging out and seeing new and old faces alike. Long live the Single Malt!!! :D

Sorry that Pat and I missed most everyone on Friday since most of you were out to dinner. Next year for sure. I was very impressed with the excellent space and surroundings you had at Magic Pines, even a swimming pool. Is that where the beer was being chilled?

Sorry that Pat and I missed most everyone on Friday since most of you were out to dinner. Next year for sure. I was very impressed with the excellent space and surroundings you had at Magic Pines, even a swimming pool. Is that where the beer was being chilled?
The beer was in a kiddy pool, not the large pool! :D

Sorry I missed it this year.

I was somewhere between Manchester Center and Bennington - cursing the Vermont mud. :mad:

-Steve