46 at last.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Marcy. 46 at last.

I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever finish the 46-W. But today was the day.

ADKJack, Mimi and I started from the Loj at 7:15. It was a calm hike up to the Phelps intersection. After that it was goggles and face masks. With visibility slightly greater than zero we switched over to "instrument navigation" up and down the summit cone. It was a memorable experience, especially when the sun tried to break out and colored everything with a yellowish glow.

A very nice, mostly low key hike with an intense summit experience.

Jack's pics tell a great story.

Last edited:
Attaboy Neil! I knew you could do it. :D

Congratulations! What's next?

Those pics certainly don't tell us that spring is just around the corner. Very Rad!

Bravo Neil!!!!!!!!

Congratulation for this great achievement. :)
I wished I could be there to celebrate this event with you yesterday Neil. But Sunday it was impossible for me.

Bravo, toutes mes félicitations. Je suis bien heureux pour toi.

Way to go!

"W" congrats to you. I saw your name on the trail register as I signed in for Iroquois - looks like the views from the top were all the same yesterday! :D

! An unforgetable winter hike !

A winter way to finish Neil ! I really enjoyed the hike, especially finding the summit & our way back to the path with your good buddie Reno Garmin.

You & Jack are so resourceful & I feel privileged to have hiked with the two of you. I look forward to the next hike.

! Congrats on your W46 Neil !

Dear Neil,

When I became a 46er an unexplainable sense of pride came over me. To this day I have difficulty putting those feelings into words but a fellow 46er put it in perspective for me.
He wrote, "I became aware of the 46ers through my father’s admiration of those wearing the patch, I grew into the idea that one day I would wear one myself. My effort ultimately spread over some forty years, but it represents perhaps the only truly clear personal goal that I ever attained unencumbered. I am especially glad that I was able to complete while my father was still alive and tell him so."

For you, today ..earning the "dubya", I know to be even sweeter.

So many mountains, to little time

Douglas R. Arnold #4693W

Seek me out at the gathering, I would like to shake your hand.

A waste of time...

What did you go and do that for?? As far as I knew, you already had it completed!
Really...
Where are you? Those picture tell nothing - just some sky behind you! Maybe you really weren't there!?! The only meaning I can take away is that you like to hike with hot winter women! :D Your wife know about this??

Okay, I'll start paying better attention. If you're happy, then I'm happy for you!

Congratulations Neil!

I am saving Marcy for my last winter summit also, but I hope to have better weather.

Len

Congrats ! Quite an accomplishment ! You look more like a US paratrooper than a hiker on some pictures, are you sure you hiked all the way up there ? :D

Last edited: