5 days? Yeah right!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the team effort that this sort of event brings out in many people. I think it's fair to say that as amazing an athlete and hiker as Farmer is, he couldn't do this alone this year!

Absolutely! So far, each and every one of these events -- FKTs/records, both winter and 3 season -- has been a team effort in some way. And each individual's role is crucial to the success of the goal!

LRiz - love the "calories burned" stat. :D

Nearly to Mt Washington and it's not even noon!

I note a blank SPOT of 1 hr 40 min on Valley Way - was the unit off or reception poor? [I'm trying to use this jaunt as a test of SPOT reception on popular trails.]

I had missed this thread entirely before today. Very glad for the FB heads up from "the owner of the SPOT". This has been FUN to watch. Half way between Pierce and Jackson now and still flying. Going to be hard to pry myself away from the track log the next couple of days. Go Ryan!

Today's Sightings: A Mouse, A Gray Jay and a FARMER

The mouse first.
P1110291.JPG

Then a Gray Jay.
P1110316.JPG

And finally a FARMER on top of Pierce shortly after 1 p.m. Hard to believe he had almost completed a Presi traverse and he looks like he's just finished a short hike in the woods. Amazing. Go Ryan Go!
P1110361.JPG

So,

One has to ask......what the heck does the young Farmer eat during the hike to replenish the 10,000 calories burned? Gu's and bars of sorts or Suzie Q's and Little Debbie snacks?
And in the evening, is it PBR's and Spam? :eek:

I mean 10,000 calories.......that's some serious food intake without loosing some serious poundage.

I guess the answer is: He eats whatever and as much as he wants....

Go dude go!

I can see all of both days on the second link. Just have to go to page 2 (link at bottom left)

I would add that I have enjoyed this thread and following Farmer's progress.

I would much rather spend a day or two breaking out trails for Farmer than spending the equivalent amount of time watching Micheal Vick, or Barry Bonds do whatever it is that they do.