A misty Wapack afternoon 6/23/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bristlecone

Reaction score
Up Sharon ledges, across Temple Mountain and South Pack to North Pack, then return. Trails clear, though there is dense spring growth of some grass and brush across the trail, particularly around Holt Peak. I didn't find any ticks on me. I hope that means that there weren't any ticks on me.

This clearcut immediately west of Burton Peak was discussed in another thread, along with another clearcut on the west side of the ridge just a little bit to the north. There are a few birdhouses dotted about the cut.
img2295u.jpg

I really didn't know what to make of this. The bottle was full of water to keep the flowers fresh.
img2299uub.jpg

Kids drinking in woods meets Good Housekeeping?

Ahh, Wapack pleasantries from the cliff
img2300a.jpg

Windblown really can't be captured on film.
img2294l.jpg

It's just hard to capture all the years of all kinds of folks, young and old, all shapes and sizes, enjoying a bit of quiet winter magic in a special place, so well-prepared and well-cared for by Al and Irene. In case you don't know, they are trying to sell the place and retire to whiter pastures. They'd like to see the xc area go on, and a group of xc skiers is trying to form a foundation to buy it and keep it as a xc area, details at the Windblown conditions page.