A way (WAI) in hell...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Hi everybody,:cool:

Same as many hikers, We need to change the plan with the forecast, after few hesitation We decided to start from the loj parking with a plan to Colden-Tabletop-Phelps.

Around 6 a.m. when We are in the parkimg a truck coming and 2 pretty women asked Us if We go for Marshall and Iroquois by Shepard tooth? No, it was not the plan but it alway possible to change the plan.

With this informatiom the 3th tell Me: "Why do not try Wright-Algonquin-Iroquois?" O.K. I change my destination in the register and We started to Wright.

Perfect snowshoes tracks with a couple of new inches of snow, at this time the flurries start to down and the wind was just ok to remove the snow in the trees.

Without trouble in Wright, We did not need the crampons but the wind was a little bit more hard.

When We arrived over the trees line in Algonquin the wind was more and more hard. I took the decision to put on my goretex but I need more of 5 minutes to catch my second sleeve the wind was not cooperate!!!:(

Same condition mixed rock-ice-snow before Algonquin summit, but the wind stoped Us many time, We need to put the ski poles in the opposite direction to resist the gust.

When We arrived in the Algonquin-Iroquois col I took the decision it was to heavy to go on Iroquois and We strated to go down in Avalanche Lake.:eek:

Fortunately the base was good and The 3th tell Me, "You have a loser attitude now!!!" O.K. I turned back and try Iroquois.

From the junction the snow base was in vacances and the deep snow between my knee and my belt!!! impossible to stay in the usual path, sometime especialy in the last col before Iroquois the snow was near my shoulders!!

In the 2 false summits the wind was terrible and I need to stay in lower position. Finaly We are near the Iroquois summit but We need to go in worm:eek: position to touch the cairn and stay in sitting position for the first 30 feet.

The wind erased all the tracks and We need to broken a second time a large part of the path!!!

It was very windy and I took the decision to go down in Avalanche Lake direction. The snow always around my knee and it was a good quadriceps training.

The wind stay a great challenge to cross the Avalanche lake, the first part was covered by the snow but second part was in ice only and I need to run to keep my stability...at the end of the lake the snow go up making zero visibility.

Finaly We returned at the parking tired but happy of this small trip in hell.

Unfortunately for the people They have same plan for tomorrow or the day after the challenge will be very interesting especially between Algonquin and Iroquois. Good luck everybody.:cool:

Pinpin The 3th.

Un très bon TR.

And it continue snowing since then. :)
I am not sure, if I go, what I will do thuesday?

Merci Pinpin The 3TH

Did you try and light a cigarette while you were on the summit?

Now I see why you chose a relaxing trip up Mt Colden today. I guess you call this a "rest day".

Thanks for breaking the trail.

Joe

.....The 3th tell Me, "You have a loser attitude now!!!"....

What a slave driver !

Sounds like you had a "hard day at the office" !

Nice report !

hey, if the snow is deep enough between Algonquin and iriquois, you can just walk on top of the spruce...

p.s. Good luck on the Sewards, could you just keep walking your tracks from now til saturday.. HAHAHAHAHA.. Nice trip, my friend to the north! :p

Jay

Great report, thanks! My hiking partners and I were out on Colvin/Blake, and Street & Nye on Sun and Mon, and the running joke was "where is PinPin when you need him?!?" I guess he was having a "hell" of a time in the Macintyre Range.

I know all about teh wind on Wright/ Alg ..... got early stages of frost bite yesterday when my cheeks turning white, and another guys nose was whiter than the snow.

thans...

For my friends,;)

Tom: for You, always We will try to stay in the podium.

Yvon: thank You, Today, We made 2 other peaks (temptation)!!!

Neil: We did not need "herb" :cool:to fly, just open the goretex!! But a lot of adrenaline to stay in life...

Joe: The day was not a real "rest day" but We are very happy to help a friend He has a great ambition (12 month).

Rookie: Yes some people started the ventilator but by mistake it was a helicopter screw!!!!:rolleyes:

Jay: I can not because teh 3th will past all the time to eat the fragile spruce!
Tyler: It is impossible to know where is the rabbitttt!

Alistair: Yes the day after, without a good protection it was immediately frost bite!

Pinpin the 3th.

Rabbit Kites!!!

You need to make sure to tie the string to the 3th arm so that if the strong wind get him he only fly so far away!!:eek:

My friend we should make the plan and attack the enemies by bushwhack soon!!:cool::D After Christmas! We have more monsters to slay. Last winter we get them and they come back!! Some monster fight one rabbit good but they never defeat the rabbit and the fox!!:cool:

I have Inge making me new clothes to wear on the cold day.;)

Hey mon Ami!

My buddies Martin, the 2 Daves and Colden the dog climbed up Algonquin yesterday and the wind is still as strong as what you encountered. It would have been crazy for us to attempt Iroquois even though I have to go back now.
What happened to the 2 pretty women? Did they go with you?

Hey mon Ami!

My buddies Martin, the 2 Daves and Colden the dog climbed up Algonquin yesterday and the wind is still as strong as what you encountered. It would have been crazy for us to attempt Iroquois even though I have to go back now.
What happened to the 2 pretty women? Did they go with you?[/QUOTE
]

I climbed Algonquin on the 24th and it was very windy (+60 miles/hours),
it was hard to reach the summit and stay up. Without my crampons it
will had been very dangerous to go down with the wind in the back.By chance
it was not cold...

Congrats Pin Pin for the 3 summits. After Algonquin I turned back and skip
Iroqouis and Wright, it will be for another time on better wheather.:)