Adirondacks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaNoE_MaN

Reaction score
I am sorry if t his is not the place to put this. This is a great site but it seems to be more for the Whites and the Green Mountain areas. Does anyone know if there is a Adirondack specific website out there? I am an apiring 46er and that is where I am spending the majority of my time right now. I know I will be coming back here when I want to start hiking in the whites :)

Thanks all

well, i don't know if there is an adirondack specific website like this, but i can say that you'll find plenty of adirondack hikers here. (myself being one of many...) if you're looking for any advice about just about anything, just post the questions, you'll be surprised at the wealth of knowledge you'll glean from the experienced people that frequent VFTT.

later
josh

CaNoE_MaN said:
This is a great site but it seems to be more for the Whites and the Green Mountain areas.
Some of us New Englanders complain that there is too much stuff about the Adirondacks here :)

More seriously, if you read a bit more you will find a lot of posts about the Adirondacks, and there are a lot of very knowledgeable people to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you

Thanks a lot for everything guys. I just checked out www.adkforum.com and that is exactly what I am looking for! I would have to say the people from here that do not hike in the Whites and Greens to definately check this site out!

Thanks again!

Both

I have been posting on both sites since finding adkforum. There are other members here who do the same. I have found both helpful and have been able to be helpful on both ... I think

Hope I don't have to walk the plank for that.

There is much more discussion about the Adirondacks here on VFTT than on the adkforum site, since VFTT has been around longer, and has a much larger following. The adkforum does have lots of topic and categories, but not as many people participating. The Trail Conditions section on VFTT is the best place to find out about conditions in the ADK's as well. Also check out www.adirondackjourney.com -ALG

AlG said:
There is much more discussion about the Adirondacks here on VFTT than on the adkforum site, since VFTT has been around longer, and has a much larger following. The adkforum does have lots of topic and categories, but not as many people participating. The Trail Conditions section on VFTT is the best place to find out about conditions in the ADK's as well. Also check out www.adirondackjourney.com -ALG

Adkforum has only been around since November 2003, hopefully as the spring thaw ends and people start making their way into the wilderness over the summer we'll draw some interest.

Actually, I'm pretty impressed we're at 256 members considering it's the 'off season' and 90% of our growth was thru word of mouth :). [the other 10% were through active posts I made in the first week on numerous outdoors forums]

We're currently evaluating the need for a specific trail reporting page as I'm of the belief (only my personal opinion and not that of the entire adkforum staff) that VFTT has been and will continue to be the central location for trail condition reporting. At this time we're taking a poll of membership to see if they feel having a trail reporting page is really necesary (we already have a trip reporting section on the forums themselves, this would be a similar and separate page much like VFTT's if we should decide to develop one).

I've grown friendly with many of the members that visit both adkforum and VFTT. I don't see the harm in the coexistence, and the fact there's been any activity on adkforum in the past 5 months demonstrates a niche/need has been filled.

Alpine Summit

Aargghhh!, I'll never give up, you'll have to catch me first ya yella bellied varmit.

I agree with AlG. Plenty of information here about the ADK's and the T/C section will let you know the minute a black fly appears or an ice speck is formed.

Mohammed tells the truth, and now look what you've done... A/S is snarling at us all..... yo mate, that bandana's spinnin' your head wild!