Amantio to Finish the NH48 on Carrigan 9/25

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amantio

Reaction score
I plan on completing my 48 on Carrigan on Saturday, September 25, weather permitting. (I have no intention of slogging up in the rain. Limited views, cold, and winds below 50 mph, however, will not deter). I will be joined by the lovely Mrs. Amantio, and perhaps two of my three daughters, Amantia and Amantiette (Amantina, BSN-RN, who, as luck would have it, is gainfully employed, has to work that day). I also will have along a couple of college chums who, although in reasonably good shape, haven’t climbed in a while. This should make for a rather leisurely pace.

We slowpokes will hit the trail at 9, and will probably take four hours to reach the top. Any and all are invited to join us there. Refreshments of some sort will be shared at the summit (and, perhaps, at the trailhead on the way out).

I’d like to thank the folks who have joined me on my climbing journey to date, many of whom will not be in attendance due to a combination of general disinterest and what I hear will be an extraordinarily mountain focused nuptial celebration occurring that very same day:

Rocket21 (Hancocks N & S; Bonds traverse)
BIGEarl (Hancocks N & S; Twins, Galehead & Garfield traverse; Madison oops!)
LRiz (Hancocks N & S; Owls Head)
Trail Trotter, Kevinmac, MadRiver, w7xman, UNFROZENCAVEMAN, perhaps more (Hancocks N & S)
Bob&Geri, New Hampshire, Salty (East Osceola)
BobC (East Osceola, Washington)
Kevin, Judy and Emma (Washington)
GlenS (Wildcats)
Darius Sidebotham (That’s his real name, folks!) (Adams via King Ravine!)
Charlie Killiam and the Narragansett AMC (Jackson)
Peter O’Neil (Osceolas)
Mrs. Amantio (Madison, Lafayette, Lincoln, Tripyramids, Cannon, Jackson, Isolation, Moosilauke)

N.B. On the Bonds traverse, in addition to the above named Rocket21, I was accompanied by others, the identities and names of whom escape me, but which included a wayward Canadian, and a gentleman of Polish extraction. I apologize for the omission. Or perhaps they should thank me for not being “outed” as friends of Jeremy.