Annual Monadnock Mayhem

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was gonna bring three people - they bailed at the last minute. Normally this would free me up to solo something more challenging, but the forecast is iffy, so I'll be up on Monadnock tomorrow. Peer through the fog for a guy with a hiking pole made from a broomstick (didn't have time to find a stuffed alligator with eggs, sorry) - if there's anybody left?

I hung around the gate from 4:30 til 6pm and no one else showed. I'll see what the morning brings.

BoB was there

I got there ~ 4:15, hiked Hinkley and Harding trails. The ranger said nobody else showed up. I wandered around the campground in the dark, but didn't see any Subarus so stayed at my cabin instead. Sorry I missed ya QM...

Sunday morning there was a silver car with a VFTT sticker in the parking lot. I figured that since it was nearly 11:00, folks were already on the summit. In retrospect I should have mentioned "alligator eggs" to the three guys hanging around the parking lot, and again when they (shivering in shorts) turned down my offer of hot rum as they were leaving the summit.
Great day on the mountain, only a handful of people on the White Dot, none at all on the White Arrow and Cliff Walk. This is the first time I have ever spent more than half an hour on the summit without seeing other people (including winter and weekdays). Of course, I couldn't see more than five feet through the fog for most of that time, so maybe there was someone nearby who was just very quiet.

Sorry I was not able to make it guys. If anyone did leave the lot at 9am, I'd love to see a TR. Sounds like it was a rough weekend weather-wise to do a group outing anyway. Did most people bail out? Perhaps next year we will do the outing a little later since there is less likelihood of rain and more likelihood of snow. Two years ago we had snow. Last year there was a lot of ice.

-percious

We ended up not being able to go,and really bummin' about what a great night it would have been to camp,Saturday night. Sounds like the whole camping gig fell apart.
Sorry we missed the trip,but if we can reschedule for later,we would definitely be up for it.

Any interest in rescheduling?