Annual Monadnock Mayhem

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tentatively planning to come Sunday for 9am. I'd like to know in advance what time to expect to be back, so I can plan the rest of the weekend... and I can choose whether or not to wine and dine afterwards.

Tim

Leave around 9-9:15, probably summit near 12pm, back down at the lot around 3? I don't have a timestable for last year. It's going to be an attack from the same side of the mountain though.

Personally, I would play it by ear and if you have time for after-hike activities then go for it otherwise grab a burger on the way home. The pizza place we found last year was acceptable and had cheap beer :)

Everyone ok with 9am?

-percious

I'm only a 1/2 hr away so I will be at the main parking lot around 8:45 am. Post activity participation will depend on time. Weather looks good right now but if raining or snowing (which I doubt) I will have to cancel so don't wait for me.

I am planning to camp there sat night. should be getting there anytime bt 3 and 6 - coming from up north.

whats the deal - I have never camped there, do we pay there, or do have have to do some BS and reserve first. too lazy to read the regs.

do they have a problem with alcohol? some state parks don't allow that.

Last edited:
BoB will be camping Sat night

I plan on hiking up Pump Ellie, then down Marlboro trail.

Giggy,you pay as you come in,I will already have a site booked.Just ask for the VFTT site.
The only problem with alcohol is running out! :D
As long as we behave,it's not an issue.
If it's cold and windy,we can gather at the hikers cabin,otherwise it's a big campfire.
Firewood available there,but only till 5pm.
Pleae bring some if you can.

Hopefully I'll be there for the Sunday morning start, rain or shine. The only thing is, I just got a steroid shot in my foot for a swollen nerve (Morton's Neuroma) and it's feeling great now. But I'm joining Mtn Magic et al. on Whitface and Passaconaway on Saturday so I can't guarentee I'll be pain-free enough on Sunday. Don't wait up for me - I live only about a half hour away now, so if I'm coming I'll be there on time.

I refuse to hike and/or camp in rain again until spring - looks like rain sat night and sunday - and I just heard I have family thing at 1pm at wrights chicken farm - I might bail on this - but will be in whites fri/sat so might come by for some drinking sat night -

totally on the fence.

Current Forecast is for light showers Sat evening, ending early Sunday morning. Shouldn't be too bad at all. And Kerry13, I'm not going wacking, and others may want to stick to the trails.

Quietman said:
Current Forecast is for light showers Sat evening, ending early Sunday morning. Shouldn't be too bad at all. And Kerry13, I'm not going wacking, and others may want to stick to the trails.

nah - It won't be bad at all - but I still refuse to hike in the rain until spring :D :) :p :)

How about the Black Precipice BW? Percious?
I'll be out there Saturday doing something. Sunday is out for me.
Maybe I'll swing by to say hi in the afternoon,if anyone is around yet.
Unfortunately,adult beverages will have to wait for me. :(
Steve

Forecast update

Most forecasts are now calling for the rain to hold off til Sunday evening! Barring unforseen circumstances I'll be there tomorrow around 6.

BoB is waffling

may pull a Shizzy and not camp out. I will be there sat late afternoon though...

I'm bailing guys. Really sorry. Family emergency. I hate organizing a trip and then bailing last minute. It really kills me. PM me if you want to gripe. I can take it.

-percious