Another Bigfoot expedition to hit WMNF in Oct

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With occasional size 14 boots at LL Bean outlet in North Conway, they must be out there.

I heard Sasquatch calling at dusk a few summers ago near Mt. Cube. I was worried that it might frighten the group of troubled teenagers who were spread out along the trail doing solo overnights to build their self-confidence. ;)

You guys don't take this very seriously. True, the group pix they offered doesn't instill much professional confidence, but what do I know? That someone may have seen BF twice on the same trail is interesting. Wonder how many VftT folks have had 'interesting' experiences? I've seen/heard some wierd stuff in the forest over 30 years.

to respond seriously, rup....... I think the evidence for Bigfoot, especially in the WMNF, is slim to none. The evidence for Bigfoot or the Yeti is mostly anecdotal with blurry photographs, footprints, etc. that could easily be faked. I also know that they're folks out there who take pleasure in hoaxing and hoodwinking others, getting them to believe in almost anything you can imagine.

I've had some interesting experiences in the woods over the years as have many others here..... but..... I know for sure that humans have an almost infinite capacity for self deception.

Let's state that again..... Humans have an infinite capacity for self deception.... then think about some of the silly things people believe in this crazy world of ours.....

As Friedrich Nietzsche once said, "We are all greater artists than we realize."

I wish Big Foot was true but I think these folks are keeping this in front of the public just enough to make a living off of it or at least fund some cool expeditions.

I'd go with them for the fun of it :cool: so I can't call the kettly black. :)

Hmmm..good point, Roadtripper. But what if...what if...what if Forestgnome IS Bigfoot? It's all starting to make sense now. Maybe we have Bigfoot right here on VFtT! :eek:

Just kidding. :D
Except that we all met Forestgnome (Patrick) at the last Barnes Field Gathering... you know, the one you didn't come to!!

-Dr. Wu

Oy my goodness -- there have been Big Foot "sightings" in The White Mountains??? That is just too funny.

We're all under the weather right now, but if we are remotely better by the weekend, PLEASE include us in the "Big Foot Family" escapades. Fun stuff.

What really scares me is that you have to email this group (according to their site, if you call them they won't call you back) to enroll - and for 'newbies' it costs $300! You have to give them the money BEFORE they call you back and let you know you can go. That sounds a little fishy to me...:eek:

What really scares me is that you have to email this group (according to their site, if you call them they won't call you back) to enroll - and for 'newbies' it costs $300! You have to give them the money BEFORE they call you back and let you know you can go. That sounds a little fishy to me...:eek:

kind of like those jewelry commercials on television, you know the ones, they will send you a postage paid envelope and all you have to do is send them your gold jewelry. doesnt seem like a scam at all!

You've got to separate the BFRO from the larger subject. While BFRO has an interesting collection of some 26,000 sightings (big number!), most on their website www.bfro.net, I've read that they (or their leadership) have not exactly been 'above board' on many issues. These expeditions could be an example: dropping $400 on 2-3 nights in the woods howling at the moon is a bit much.

Their critics are not short of comment at www.bigfootforums.com

Well, it's the 24th, second day of the expedition. . Has anyone noticed the bigfooters sniffing around the Kanc area??

Perhaps the cold spell modified their plans. Though it's hard to believe that the MtW summit temp is currently 42 when that's the temp in N NJ today.

Last edited:
Obviously if they really wanted to mess with the WMNF bigfoot population they would take along Jack Links Beef Jerky.