Beer Night in Montreal area

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prino

Reaction score
Note: Date has been changed to Tuesday December 6th.

The guilt is beginning to hit.... after missing the last TWO beer nights in Montreal, I would like to propose a new date.
We could call it the Pre-Winter hiking booze up. It's a busy time with the holidays coming up so let's make it pretty soon.....
How about Wednesday December 7th? Seeing as I'm a way west of down town I would like to suggest the West Island. One idea I had in mind is KELLY'S PUB in Pointe Claire just west of Sources ....Kelly's

Tout le monde est bienvenu . All new and former ;) members welcome

Last edited:
Like I said, if you build it I will come. We'll have to twist some arms to get the folks who live east of St. Laurent to come out west. I'm a good arm twister.

McKibbons?

I'm in the West too, so I'll definitely make it for this one!

I would like to propose going to McKibbons, on St-Jean North, right off the 40. Close to the Futureshop, Chapters, etc (if I remember correctly).

They have Guinness :D

Fish

stevenk said:
Count me in as well, does not matter if it's Kelly's or McGibbons, just as
long as they serve kold :) beers eh :).......

Welcome to VFTT StevenK ;) We'll make sure there are lots of Kold ones on tap.

Neil.... Consider it built.

HikingFish.... I'll check to see if they have Guinness at Kellys also....I can't imagine they don't.... It's an Irish pub.

Timmus.... What have you got against the Waste Island? :confused: The beer and company is just as good....and that's what counts. :D
I'll have to send Neil over to twist/contort whatever it takes. :eek:

Last edited:
prino said:
Timmus.... What have you got against the Waste Island? :confused: The beer and company is just as good....and that's what counts. :D
I'll have to send Neil over to twist/contort whatever it takes. :eek:

I was just kidding.

Just say "beer" and I'll be there :cool:

I just read a government report stating that ethanol kills brain cells. Thanks to this revelation I now understand a lot of the posts on this forum that had hitherto esacaped my comprehension.
So, where's this beer night taking place????

I should be able to swing it unless work gets in the way. I'd say odds are 60-40 for now. :p

Neil said:
I just read a government report stating that ethanol kills brain cells. Thanks to this revelation I now understand a lot of the posts on this forum that had hitherto esacaped my comprehension.
So, where's this beer night taking place????

Alcohol has the same effect... only it takes many,many,many VFTT beer nights to acheive it. :D
The address (and map) is at that link I put in my first post... 88 Donegani St.
in Pointe Claire.
Yes they do have Guinness and you can even buy a Kellys t-shirt with the logo supporting that fact.

I checked out Kelly's pub last night and it looks good. They have an upstairs and downstairs bar with all kinds of imported and domestic beers on tap.

There was a live Jazz band :cool: who apparently play there every Tuesday Evening.
Perhaps it's a good thing we picked a Wednesday as it was pretty loud. :eek:
Good Though!

I'll set 7-30pm as a rough time to start showing up. I'll bring some kind of sign with VFTT on it.
Barring that we could just welcome everyone who comes in with an
"Alligator Eggs" :confused:

Wish I could be there

But I can't. Just to give you guys something to raise a glass about. I just read in todays paper, that beer (the darker the better) helps fight against Cancer. And this is not the study published by Guiness.

Sorry

I think I am gonna have to back off. The same night is my daughter's Christmas show at the day-care... Neil, I just can't miss it, don't even try to convince me :D

Would people agree to change the night ? Let's say monday the fifth ? Or tuesday, with the loud jazz band ?

timmus said:
I think I am gonna have to back off. The same night is my daughter's Christmas show at the day-care... Neil, I just can't miss it, don't even try to convince me :D

Would people agree to change the night ? Let's say monday the fifth ? Or tuesday, with the loud jazz band ?

I personally don't mind changing the night, but, Neil had said he preferred Wednesdays.
I can make any night except Mondays and Thursdays.
We could say next Tuesday upstairs? as it will be too loud downstairs to talk.
Anybody else have conflicts....let me know.

I don't mind (sigh) putting my big plans on hold (sigh), inconveniencing a lot of chief executive officers on three continents, rebooking my flight to Bangkok (huge penalty), giving up my Loj at the Bell Center for nuthin', if it means "Ti-muss" will buy me a beer. :D So, when is this thing happening?

Last edited:
Neil said:
I don't mind (sigh) putting my big plans on hold (sigh), inconveniencing a lot of chief executive officers on three continents, rebooking my flight to Bangkok (huge penalty), giving up my Loj at the Bell Center for nuthin', if it means "Ti-muss" will buy me a beer. :D So, when is this thing happening?

Very Noble of you Sir!
Maybe we should ask StevenK our Newest member what works for him? ;)

stevenk said:
...and glad to hear that Timmus is buying the 1st round,
what a sport :)..

If you guys don't feel SHAME for letting a birthday girl paying for your beers, I'm fine with it :D

I was about to ask about Hikingfish, Meo, Jean, Yvon if they're coming, but I don't think my credit card can handle it ;)

Well, if Timmus and Stevenk are each buying a round. I'm definitely going to be there. :D :)

Timmus, you have plenty of time to call your bank and have your card limit increased.

Anybody got the GPS coordinates for the pub? ;) Just kidding!