Best (mass produced)chocolate bar for hiking?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best mass produced chocolate bar for hiking?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My choice (when I shop ahead) is Bakers semi-sweet chocolate. Found in the baking section of the super market, not the candy section. I guess it's like chocolate chips but less sweet. Learned about them decades ago when I was in Scouts.

When I'm on the road, it's Snickers bars. Jumbo size when I can find them.

I'll eat any of those chocolates though I prefer dark chocolate. Trouble with all except the M&Ms is that they can melt into an awful mess. M&Ms now have a dark chocolate candy, too.

Milky Way all the way! Overhead and in your tummy. It's the same thing as a Snickers without those horrible, nasty, poisonous nuts.

-sorry, but I really hate peanuts!

Double Bow said:
Instead, on the trail in winter, you can find me popping dark chocolate covered espresso beans...

wait ... oh popping ... on first glance I thought this was ... umm... never mind

None of the above.

They all have too much fat.

These are the best.
optimum_r_energy_bar_pomegran_cherry_productsmall.jpg

That said, I prefer Snickers. :D

Snickers by far is my favorite. If I recall it has about the same amount of calories/carbs as a power bar, costs less and tastes a lot better evan when all melted in a glob.

On a more serious note, Guiness is a light beer because it floats on top of Bass! mmmmmm.........

Bite Size Snickers all the way!

If they are good enough for Reinhold Messner, well then they're good enough for me!

All kidding aside, i've taken these little yummies all over the world and they stand uncontested as my favorite pick-me-up food.

DougPaul said:
I prefer semi-sweet chocolate chips*. Plain or mixed in my gorp.

* The same as the chips used in chocolate chip cookies.

These were a pregnancy/nursing staple for me. ALWAYS had a bag of them in the cupboard. Without the gorp. :eek:

My vote goes to Snickers for hiking, though I usually don't bring candy and instead bring some sort of non-virtuous granola bar (e.g. Quaker chewy Smores).

Last edited: