Betty and Barney Hill Incident

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when that happened, and recall hearing about it over the years. I never expected an official sign to be placed commemorating the incident, but it sure has made news from time to time.

It can be "creepy" driving though the notch on a crystal, clear, fall night..seems like there are strange lights everywhere and no one else around...travel in pairs or armed is recommended...

Despite the fact this incident happened only a year after the show premiered, I find it difficult to take seriously a couple named Betty and Barney.

I blame my childhood.

Cool.

In the Friedman book, there were some passages that described the exact location, but it was in the form of 'go 1 mile, and take first R, then first L, ...' . When then authors revisited the scene in the book, a house occupied the field where the 'landing' had been. They would probably have a bird of they knew about this. Wonder if they get 'visits'?? Wonder if that was disclosed in the title search??

Been tempted to try to locate where exactly the landing was. Not that many roads along Rt 3 south of Indian Head, and the description may make more sence if you are actually there.

Stories from the early 70s told that visitors to Greeleaf used to sit on the rocks overlooking the Notch and watch the 'light show'. Never saw that on my visits there, but the weather wasn't the best either.

NH has its own Extraterrestrial Hwy (as in NV near Area 51), and Pumkin Head is the LilAleInn.

http://www.pcap.com/extrater.htm

Last edited:
If you google them, there are of course many debunkers, and others who claim to back up the story. Who knows?

When I saw 'Betty and Barney', though, I couldn't help think of these 2 characters!

It's down there...

closer...

almost there!

flintstones-bb.gif

In the Sixties my parents owned a small home on a cleared hillside in Bethlehem. Neighbors there claimed to have seen UFOs in the sky. The homes looked out to the Twins, Garfield, and Lafayette. We weren't there often, and my parents never made "much" of it. My dad's a scientist so he would probably look for a more reasonable explanation. I was too young to give it much thought.

I think it would be really cool if I was coming off a solo in franconia notch and I was abducted, imagine me speaking for everyone else:eek: I would at least make sure to explain how we all feel on trail issues, guns, dogs, cell phones, hiking alone, dont worry I know where we all stand you can trust me.;)